Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rocky76, Jan 26, 2010.

1. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Just wondering if your OK....

Your missing in action....

Hows Urse....after the rice sock meal...

I keep checking on the Porch but .. NO YOU....

2. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

It's those darn pesty pengys at it again... they've been missing in action for a while. Then, when I was not online for a few days they hijacked this site! Posts went poof in seconds! Then today I posted and it disappeared and then reappeared minutes later.

I was wondering where they disappeared to.

Fight :)
  3. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I'm going to have to ask that somehow they get diverted. Time to send my half to Victoria's for a little Vacation in Magarittaville. Because they're going to need the rest come the end of March when I move... :)

4. rocky76

rocky76 Member

I can't have those Pengy's up here...
    I already have your pathetic cousins here...

The twins Larry Fred and Harry Ed have
    trashed my front yard....

They wall papered their outhouse with sears catalog..

They are now building a large sailboat out of all
    me empty pill bottles...and are using duct tape to
    Fasten them all together...

And then theirs Bubba....just being the boss....rocking in the chair and spitting chew everywhere...

Send someone to get them....
  5. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Okay, let's take a Vote, only those on this thread so far can vote, lol, ...

I say All the pengys need to go down to Victoria's. Then when they get done trashing her place, you can send them back to me so that I can make them help me move next month or the month after, lol.

All that agree, say "I."

6. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

LOL, you must have read my little song on the lounger's 19 post, lol. Or maybe not, but I'm dying to hear your reaction, lol. Me loves to talks about mes animals, lol!

Okay, now we just need one vote from Rocky... then the pengys are off to Mexico... someone should notify Victoria, but I don't want any part of it, lol.

7. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Send them to Mexico...

Then when Georgia gets there she can take care of them...

About the Cousins....Siberia it is....
    good old frozen tundra
  8. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Welll, the jury is out, the decision has been madeeeee!

I nominate Georgia to tell Victoria to prepare for the pengys!

9. victoria

victoria New Member

I just KNEW somebody was talkin' about me behind my back somewheres on here!

What the heck? What would people think when they saw these pengys marching down these cobblestone streets.

Uh, Georgia, get busy - you need to knit them some socks to cushion their poor little feets, these cobblestones can be really nasty. OR give them a 4 WD truck, I'll be happy to take delivery on this end and drive them all around....

I can even take them to see the Monarch butterflies.... about 2 hours from here... after all they only eat fish. Plus there is Lake Patzcuaro, it has lots of fish in it, we'll have lotsa fun tho I'm not sure what the tourists will think... that they somehow ended up in Antarctica? LOL.

Now, I just need to get some extra insurance on my house before they arrive so i can fix it up after I figure out how I'll ship them on to.... somewhere.... minus that brand new 4 WD truck y'all are giving them....

10. victoria

victoria New Member

Since you've been wanting to come down here Georgia,
    drive them down here-

I have a casita you can stay in, complete with bath & kitchen, LOL...

And the doors & windows lock so the pengys can't get in.

At least my dogs will have some entertainment with 'em...

11. victoria

victoria New Member

So what are you giving them to stuff, hehehehe.... sewing up some animal figures, eh?

I do see much more weaving and embroidery here than knitting, that's for sure. Most of the knitted things I see are the really nice ponchos in the higher end stores, there are some gorgeous things made somewhere, not sure how much locally. Tho there are quite a few places in Patzcuaro that have the looms for weaving.

If (or as) the economy recovers in the US, there may be a way to set up a cottage industry locallyl, possibly? I've read Mexico's been the hardest hit economically in the past year, I believe it, not much is selling in the artesenia stores.

Well you can teach me to knit, that's for sure, if you end up anywhere in this vicinity. That's one thing I never learned to do, nor crochet. Sewing and embroidery I've done, and lots of painting in different materials, but somehow never the knit or crochet.

SO the big question I have, what area of Michoacan are you looking at? Where is your SO from, Michoacan? - & if so, are you planning on living near there, wherever that is?

How do I add the Spanish symbols... LOL I type the words into google and copy them, which is why they're not always on the letters in my posts.

I'm sure there's some way to do it, but haven't figured it out on Vista, tho I did read about a way to do it on XP or older.

I had to try to print something out at an internet cafe recently ... so of course they have a completely different keyboard. Luckily I had a friend with me to ask how to type the @ symbol - one has to simultaneously hit a number on the number pad plus something else, just for that @. Talk about confusing and pain, since it's used to much! (So make sure you bring any computers/electronics you need with you LOL)

hasta luego

12. victoria

victoria New Member

no problem - I'd like to know what town you're talking about & if it's on the western side of Morelia?... except I've never used the chatrooms here tho I'm game to try ...

hmmm do we have anyone's emails in common? I have Carla's (ckball), and have Spacee's ... plus some oldies like Laurie... or does phoenix rising have pvt email on it? I've joined there but really haven't been on there so don't remember... or we could set a date/time and try to connect thru chat here.

Any ideas?.. or time/date... oh dear, where do we go to even chat here, I don't see anything up on top while writing this at least. I'll have to look around in the meantime, since you said you can't email from home...
    [This Message was Edited on 01/31/2010]
  13. victoria

victoria New Member

I will give it a try!

14. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Love the Utube...
    Beautiful Pictures..
  15. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Victoria I love the U Tube movie....
  16. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm glad the author of it put it together, most of what one can find online about Patzcuaro has to do with the 'Day of the Dead' holiday.

Patzcuaro is a small city, about 75,000 people I think... so I actually recognize most of the places easily. I like the small plazas and general 'size' compared to bigger cities. The big cities (and many small ones like Patzcuaro) are 300+ years old, so the central streets are very narrow, as in Europe. All the cities have their central plazas, just like many of the old towns/cities did in the US at one time.

It seems to be a place & area that people either like immediately or don't see what's so great about it. I hope to live with a view of the lake one of these days - right now I'm about 20 miles south of Patz.

One quick shot was of a T'ai Chi class that I'm hoping to go to when it gets a bit warmer in the AM - it's really hard for me to get up early ever, and especially at anything less than 60 degrees LOL... and while I normally don't get up before 9 AM, that is when that class is held AND I'd have a 30-40 minute drive (which I could do only 1X/week).

anyway, that lake is full of fish... the pengys could have a good time there... <grin>