GeorgiaC....a question for you.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by orachel, Sep 13, 2005.

1. orachel

orachel New Member

What is handspinning? Some kind of needlework? I've never heard of it and am dying for a hobby I can do at home even with the "fog" that gets me from time to time. Also, doily in bio is gorgeous. I'm a "doily decorator"....use them for everything from hanging off bakers rack to sticking small ones under glass coasters, to covering flaw in veneer on antique sewing machine cabinet. Huge fan of antiquemarts and places to pick up really great ones, cheap!

Just curious abt the handspinning thing. If its complex or more for advanced needlework, I probably couldn't handle it. I'm still at the level of the crosstitch with the picture painted on the mat to follow. Just not all that good with my hands!

Enjoy your evening!
    Rachel
  2. orachel

orachel New Member

Is it a fortune to get started? Also, I just read some book where character raised angora rabbits and spun the furry stuff into yarn. Is that what we're talking about, here? And finally, what do you do with it once its spun? lol...can you tell I'm a novice? I don't even know how to knit!
  3. orachel

orachel New Member

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain all this to me. I'll definitely check it out, and the kool aid thing sounds like something I could even recruit our kids for!

Have a good night!