georgiac

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Aug 27, 2006.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

Are you from Georgia? I am post me back if you can!

Thanks sue
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

Where are you????

Terry
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

Saw your profile my birthday is nov. 16. I look a little bit older. Alot in fact! I went to Emory clinic for final diagnosis 8 years ago. Where do you go? Do you believe in the viral meds? Also the fibro Centers? I am 52 is it to late to be a realtor. I have always wanted to be one! I am sure it is not the same there. My sister moved from Canton ga. about a month ago had her house on market almost a year. She moved to Valdosta Ga. Husbands job. I live in Thomasville Ga. 30 miles north of Tallahassee fl. I work in retail small boutique some high end shoes cole-haans and van-eli's. I have been there 18 years I am the all around flunky books, sales, paying invoices. The market has slowed somewhat in houses but nothing like florida.
    People like Thomasville.

Thanks
    gotta get ready to go to work and Dr for physical
    let me know how you are and if I can take a realtor class online which one? So boss would not know.

Talk soon
    Susan
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

I have a lot of strange lab work and a looong history of ridiculous things: rheumatic fever, reactive arthritis, cytomegalovirus, mitral valve prolapse, and bilateral thyroid nodules. My TSH is 4.5 which, by current standards, shows me mildly hypothyroid (not that my PCP will listen).

Never full recovered from the cytomegalovirus in 2002. Keep having periods of exhaustion. Dizzy all the time, but think that may be from the MVP. My labs show chronic/recurent epstein barr (marker for mono and cytomegalovirus), positive Anti-ssDNA, and positive smooth muscle antibody. The ENT that ran the blood work thinks I have CFS because a lot of people with CFS have the chronic epstein barr.

Anyhow, I live in the Canton area!!! Never too late to become a realtor. There are many on line classes you can take, but they're pretty darn boring and somewhat difficult to get through. I tried it that way first, but it was too hard for me to stay focused. Ended up taking in-class instruction. Took a month to do it during the day (it's a 75-hour course), plus was working full time.

I got the license because my husband buys rental properties but also sometimes flips the properties. Thought we'd keep the commission money in the family. I wanted to go part-time on my current job (medical transcription, work from home), but he wouldn't let me do it. Wants me to do BOTH full time. Said I could back off of the med trans once my real estate salary reaches my med trans salary (he's a workaholic/lunatic!!!). I told him to just forget it!

Check out Barney Fletcher's web site. They're the ones I got my training through. After you pass the course, you have to sit for a state exam. After that, you can get your license. Then you are required to go through post-license training!!! It'll end up costing you about $1000 before you're done with it. You have to have a broker sponser you before you get your license. The broker will keep a portion (either a percentage or a flat fee) of each transaction you do. It's a real money racket!!!

And be prepared to wait possibly months on your first pay check! If you can hang in there, the sky's the limit! You can basically write your own pay check if you're willing to get out and work hard. It just takes a while.

Terry
  5. TerryS

TerryS Member

I'm new here and have found myself (more than once I am ashamed to say) responding to posts that are meant for someone else.

This is the SECOND time today I've had to apologize for my stupidity.

In my defense, I seem to be having SERIOUS brain issues today. As a matter of fact, it's scaring me a bit...don't know what the heck is wrong with me!

I'll try my best to mind my own business from now on!!! I'M SO CONFUSED!

TERRY
  6. hensue

hensue New Member

IT IS KINDA STRANGE YOU E-MAILED ME! MY SISTER WAS A 3RD GRADE TEACHER IN WOODSTOCK. SHE LIVED IN CANTON. I BELEIVE THE SUBDIVISION WAS WOODMONT. THEY LOVED IT. THEY DO NOT LIKE VALDOSTA. TO FIND OUT YOU ARE A REALTOR. I AM VERY INTERESTED IN! PLEASE ANSWER ANY POST OF MINE. YOU ARE NOT IGNORANT!
    YOU ARE JUST TYPING AT WORK TO MUCH!
    I BELIEVE THAT WAS A MEANT TO BE.
    THANKS SUE IN SOUTH GA.
  7. TerryS

TerryS Member

Woodmont is about 2 miles from my house...beautiful neighborhood!!!

It's a small world after all!

I was so horrified when I saw the other post. I guess when I saw "georgiac" in the subject line, I thought you were looking for people in GEORGIA!!!

Anyhow, then I got confused 'cause looked like you were responding back to ME and you sure never told me to butt out!!! It's really kind of funny.

Anyhow, I really have had a strange day with my brain...I can't seem to get much right today, and I ran into trouble this morning trying to average five single-digit numbers together (I couldn't recall how to do it...but I'm a MATH GEEK!!!). It's really scary. More than the normal dizziness. I think I'll post it and see how not abnormal I hope I am!!!

Talk to you soon,
    TERRY
  8. TerryS

TerryS Member

No, you are not too old. There were people of all ages in my class...just really will have to stay on top of it in order to complete the course. You have to finish within 3 months of the time you start.

Glad to hear your son is safe. What branch is he in??? My daughter is a Marine (reservist). She got called up and sent off for Kuwait about a month before the war started. It was such a scary, traumatic time. When she got out to California to get on the ship, turns out about 10 of them were supposed to have been sent to Arizona to leave with a group from there. They shipped them to Yuma in a van...but when they arrived turns out they had literally "missed the boat". There were a couple that got helicoptored out to the ship, but they kept my daughter in Yuma for the duration. YAY!!!

She's also done some active duty in Atlanta...she's back in school full time right now, BUT they've (Marines) have called three times in the past week. They're updating all the rosters 'cause they're getting ready to call up thousands of Marines to send over there. PLEASE KEEP HER IN YOUR PRAYERS that angels will protect her and guide her safely.

TERRY
  9. TerryS

TerryS Member

She has several comrades that keep volunteering and going to war over and over!