gerd

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammis, Dec 1, 2005.

1. tammis

tammis New Member

Hello,Do any of you who have gerd,Have this feeling?When I eat,It feels like something is in there under my breastbone when I swallow,And I burp alot after eating.Im on prevacid,I had gallbladder out last year.Very uncomfortable feeling.I find myself asking what that is,Why do I feel that,It can even extend to my back on the same side.Anybody out there feel this.
  2. chickadee

chickadee New Member

If you are still having uncomfortable feelings in your chest after taking Prevacid you need to talk with your doctor as this may be something besides the GERD.

Peace
    Chickadee
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Definitely tell your doctor. My doctor had to increase my Prevacid to twice a day - (I take 30 mg twice a day).

I don't think one pill lasts the entire 24 hours.

Until I was feeling better I also took Mylanta, Tums and Gavicon which also helped.

Remember, you did not get sick overnight, and will not be better for a while. They say it takes about 8 weeks for the meds to really do their job.

Are you elevating the head of your bed at night? Following a diet for GERD?

You also might try Gas X tablets - they are excellent for the gas. The pressure you are feeling is probaby gas.

You want to watch your diet and avoid gas forming foods.
  4. dorabella

dorabella New Member

I know from my own experiences, and from what I've researched on GERD that it can cause pain to be referred to other areas of the body - back, sides, jaw.

My theory is that the tension we experience from the discomfort of the reflux causes other parts of the body to tense up and the pain spreads.

I have the same uncomfortable feelings that you do - in fact I'm having them a little now - I'm in the middle of an FM flare which also aggravates the reflux.

Just try and stay calm and relaxed (if that's possible with this DD) the flare will pass.

[This Message was Edited on 12/02/2005]
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m having a lot of trouble with gerd right now too. I have a hiatal hernia also that I might have to fix also. I really am having a lot of pain in my chest from it. I am frustrated having this everyday.

The prevacid is so ridiculously expensive. I paid $80 for this bottle with 30 pills in it. That`s after my insurance paid a big part of it. There`s got to be something cheaper then this and more affective. I do drink malox a couple times a day when it is bad like this, it seems to sooth it.
  6. tammis

tammis New Member

Yes I was thinking about asking Dr.about upping Prevacid,I guess I should just ask her about this,It worries me and I dont like that either.
  7. tammis

tammis New Member

What feelings do you have?