GERD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gypsywomyn, Jul 21, 2006.

1. gypsywomyn

gypsywomyn New Member

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has a feeling of their stomach backing up into their throat, even causing pressure behind my ears and throat? It is worse when I lean forward typing on the computer.

Thank you.
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

could be gerd.. I was on the little purple pill as well as have tried previcid..etc. for gerd.. after an upper GI it turns out that what is causing it is a hiatal hernia. Also I have colon trouble so if my colon inflames it causes back ups..
    Try eating very small meals, no onions, broccolli, peppers anything that would cause gas, no soda or beer or carbonated beverages.. Gas X.. Aaaaaaaaaaand.. see your doc.. there are meds that can help!
    Good luck!!
    Dona
  3. Neicee99

Neicee99 New Member

Hi Gypsy,

I too have GERD and a hiatal hernia. I had an upper GI and a upper endoscopy. I take 40mg of prilosec two times a day and it helps. It took me almost a month for it to fully start working and if I get hooked on my diet coke, which i absolutely love but know it is awful for me with GERD, I get the feeling that something is stuck on the right side of my throat. That is a symptom of GERD. I would mention it to your doctor.

Hugs
    Neicee
  4. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

well, i have severe GERD, and, as gross as it sounds, sometime i regurgitate partially digested food, though it tastes more like bile or acid than anything.

i haven't had pressure behind my ears or throat due to it, though.

just bad nausea and burning in my stomach.

-danielle
  5. Daisys

Daisys Member

I had GERD so bad I now have Barrett's esophagus. What helped me the most was cutting out all gluten in my diet (easy to say, hard to implement!). I did some reading on it, and it seems that a lot of people have trouble digesting grains.
    One good book about it is Dangerous Grains by James Braly MD and Ron Hoggan MA, if you want a good starting point. This is a suggestion based on the fact that I know quite a few others who had trouble with GERD and going gluten free helped them too.
    The last time I had it checked, the Barrett's has gotten no worse, so maybe I found out in time what to do for me. Also, my joints stopped being in sharp pain and feeling fragile. If I eat wheat, the joint pain comes back in a few days for awhile, showing it's an autoimmune problem for me.