Get Money from Car Accident, Will Medicaid Take it away?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cinnveet, Jun 10, 2008.

  1. cinnveet

    cinnveet New Member

    I just rcvd a lump some of money from car accident.

    I didnt take the money and still have lawyer holding it because he adviced me I may have to put the money in a trust or next time I have to re-apply for Medicaid, I will be denied and or they will legally request the money.

    Can anyone give me any advice?

    Since I am not feeling well, my parents are going to call a lawyer that deals with trust accounts.

  2. msbsgblue

    msbsgblue Member

    In your parents name or let them have it to deposit in their account.

  3. cinnveet

    cinnveet New Member

    Thank you for your advice.

    The Dr.'s I saw were not Medicaid Dr.'s for injuries resulting from car accident.

    I am looking at 18,000 to 22,000.

    Lawyer is starting the negotiation with these Dr.'s to lower the fee.

    I asked the Lawyer if I were to sign the check over to my parents would it work. He said he had to tell me that is not proper but would probably work, then advised me to talk to a lawyer to put he money in trust.

    I can’t afford to loose my Medicaid as USF hospital (Florida) is looking at 50,000 to 80,000 to correct my back.

    The lawyer will negotiate with the Dr.s but not pay them from the settlement, as it was my choice to pay them on my own or take it away from my settlement. So I told him my credit is shot anyway and I will work with the Dr.'s myself even if it is only $20.00 a month.

    I call one lawyer that my parents use for a settlement on my niece from car accident and they were made guardianship over the money instead my sister so she wouldn’t loose her Medicaid....I called them and they want $125.00 for consult!! I am going to make my parents call for me to see if they will cut back on fees.

    I am also going to call Florida's Bay Are Lawyers who don’t charge anything.

    Msbsgblue thank you so so much for responding to me.

[ advertisement ]