Get Real with Dr Phil

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Coping, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Coping

Coping New Member

Good day everyone. I hope all had a nice Labor Day weekend. If you have seen Dr. Phil, you know he tells it like it is. He is starting his own show. I emailed him and asked him if he could do a show for our relatives, friends, coworkers, etc. that don't understand our DD. I asked him to speak about the fact that we DO have our pain, etc. And that we do not enjoy feeling like this, nor do many of us have the financial resources to get help. I personally do not enjoy paying out over $500.00 a month for prescriptions. Who in their right mind would "fake" being sick or enjoy the pain. I'm hoping Dr. Phil would do some research and "Tell them like it is." Oh well, it was just an idea.
    I also thought about writing to Phil Donahue as he welcomes contriversial issues and is starting a new show too.
    I'm still hoping Oprah will listen.
    Tricia
  2. Coping

Coping New Member

Good day everyone. I hope all had a nice Labor Day weekend. If you have seen Dr. Phil, you know he tells it like it is. He is starting his own show. I emailed him and asked him if he could do a show for our relatives, friends, coworkers, etc. that don't understand our DD. I asked him to speak about the fact that we DO have our pain, etc. And that we do not enjoy feeling like this, nor do many of us have the financial resources to get help. I personally do not enjoy paying out over $500.00 a month for prescriptions. Who in their right mind would "fake" being sick or enjoy the pain. I'm hoping Dr. Phil would do some research and "Tell them like it is." Oh well, it was just an idea.
    I also thought about writing to Phil Donahue as he welcomes contriversial issues and is starting a new show too.
    I'm still hoping Oprah will listen.
    Tricia
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

you/ve hit the nail on the head....no one in his right mind would fake this, hence, the general consensus among our disbelievers is that we AREN'T in our right minds. I know that I've been accused of being depressed, hypochondiacal, lying,etc. Even my husband says I have a "vivid imagination" and I KNOW what he's implying.
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I adore him, but really doubt if he would do a show about FM since he's not an MD, he's more of a relationship doctor, dealing in mental and emotional areas, not physical. I just can't see him doing a show on a disorder that can't be proved by blood tests. This is way beyond what he's all about.

Marilyn :)
  5. Tiger

Tiger New Member

Just wanted to say that I think your ideas are just great!
    What is needed is more attention to the fact that Fibromyalogia does exist as well as the real issues such as coping with the syndrome and getting support from those who do not understand much about it.
    Good luck and I would like to know how your quest for further recognition/research, etc. goes for such illnesses/syndromes such as Fibromyalgia.
  6. Coping

Coping New Member

He is more about relationships......But, I sure would like to see him get a hold of Faith's Mother-in-law......LOL

7. selma

selma New Member

I'd like to e-mail too. How do you get to them????

Love Selma
  8. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Hi, great idea but it seems to me I read here in the Oprah threads that he & her do not believe in this, that would be a nightmare to have them do a show about us all being nuts!!!!

......just a thought.

Jaci