Getting DIagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mmmhbm, Aug 10, 2006.

1. mmmhbm

mmmhbm New Member

I have been treated for hypothyroidism for approximatley 4 years. Usually when I get aches & pains it is an indicator that my thyroid is crazy. For the last five months or so I have not been fit for anything. More than normal for my thyroid issues. Finally went to the doctor who said he felt like I might have fibromyalgia or lupus. He did some blood work and the lupus came bake negative. my TSH was great, he really works with me and we have found a target level best for me, the only thing that came back off was the test that checks protein in your blood indicating inflamation in the body. He said it was only elevated slightly and told me to take 81 miligrams of asprin and a daily vitamen. I am constantly in some sort of pain, whether it is just enough to make me uncomfortable or severe at times. Am I just nuts or is there a possibility this is Fibromyalgia? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
  2. SolitaryDancer

SolitaryDancer New Member

Nope you're not nuts. One thing I would suggest is have your Doc check your T4 and both T3 levels. There are many instances when your TSH is great but your T3 is too low. You may need a different type of thyroid supplementation to include T3.

This could be part of your problem and you could also have fibro. It's a diagnosis of elimination.

Good luck

Deb
  3. mmmhbm

mmmhbm New Member

4. SolitaryDancer

SolitaryDancer New Member

I hope you find the answer so you can take ownership of the diagnosis and learn what you need to do to manage whatever it may be.

Deb