Getting Discouraged

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Aug 18, 2009.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

My medical records are still missing. And I had a long talk with my lawyer today. He said to let it go. He said the only way to fight it is to sue the hospital and that it would take tons of money, which I don't have, many years, and we still probably would never see them.

I'm very upset because alot of long term CFIDS patients end up with their medical records suddenly missing. And I feel they are getting away with it one more time. And I'm not up for the fight. I'm just not well enough to be going to the local Senator's office and following up on it and making a big press stink over it. And this is exactly what they count on. Too ill to fight.

So on top of that, I'm suffering terribly with a right hip and back thing. I'm suspecting it's related to my Armour thyroid med. I'm nearly crippled from it and it's only been since they changed the formulation. I think they put something awful in the fillers. So I've got a doc appointment this week to see what can be done.

I'm really discouraged, disgusted and exhausted. And I just want it to stop already. I have no life from this disease. I do not see one coming in the future. And from what my lawyer just told me, without the vaccination records from my medical file, I could be very screwed in the future if I am ever well enough to want to go back to school or to travel far. I just feel like I'm in this cage. It's a nice looking cage, but I can rarely ever leave it. It's like some awful prison/hell dimension. I get to watch everyone else in the world have a life and I can't have one. And I have lost everything in my life from this disease. And it just won't stop. And I don't know what I'm supposed to do anymore because nothing works. And I have yet to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

not sure what to say, but just wanted to let you know I read this and am praying for you
    hugs, AT
    PS though this does not help you now, this could be a good warning to others to make copies of all their records
  3. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

Just wanted to say that I could SO relate to your fourth paragraph about the cage/prison/hell dimension. What a powerful metaphor that unfortunately IS how many of us feel. Just try to remember that someone out there is worse off, I know it's hard to do, but when I get feeling that way I have to recall that it could actually be worse. So I try to be thankful for what I do have but I know it's hard. ((((HUGS))))
  4. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

That is SO wrong. So, so wrong of them. If you believe in God, please trust that there's a reason for this. I know it sounds overdone and cliche, but even in our darkest hour I really don't think He just up and leaves us. And that there is always some larger picture, even if we cannot see it. I'm so sorry you have SO MUCH to deal with right now. Don't bother worrying yourself over the possible problems you could have in the future, you'll drive yourself nuts and that's unnecessary.

You HAVE been wronged, but you WILL get through this. Sometimes everything really does stop working and we just sit here wondering what will happen next... That happened to me about eight months ago. But please don't give up completely. Maybe for one day, get it all out, because you have every reason to... But things will change. They always do, and you have us to inform of whatever happens. Like another user mentioned, we can use our struggles to help relate to others, and get them through hard times with REAL understanding of what they're going through.

*gentle hugs*
  5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i am there with you. don't understand...feel abandonned...question existence of God.

and my cage isn't even that nice! lmao

6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Sorry your records got lost. That is horrible.

I understand how you feel. It's good you have a nice looking cage at least.

7. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

The thing that upsets me the most about this is that my medical records most likely prove CFIDS/ME is REAL and PHYSICAL and that's why my records are "missing". So many people who have had this long term suddenly have their medical records go missing. It is being covered up. And it is killing me that I am not well enough and not rich enough to fight this.

And on top of that, having your medical records go missing makes you feel like you are being erased. Just like the disease itself erases you from the world. And there is nothing I can do to change it or stop it.

It just confirms to me that this was let out and we were dosed. And someone is going to great lengths to cover it up, even after all these years.

They count on us not being well enough to fight. I can barely function. And all my money is gone from this disease, so there is no money to hire a big lawyer. And my current lawyer said even if I had tons of money, I couldn't win it. They don't want the records found and he said they probably destroyed them and are just claiming they are missing to cover up what they've done.

I am just so sick of trying to fight. It's impossible. This shouldn't be going on. All of it. The stupid name, not being believed that we are that sick, constantly being put in a position to defend yourself and prove to people that you are sick. And being erased from the world and no one cares.
  8. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

That just sucks! I know that Dr's get in huge trouble for not keeping accurate records - big violations. Were you insured when you were being treated? your insurance company would have records of who they paid/what they paid out. can't they be in some sort of trouble for losing your medical records?

I'm just so sorry about what you're going through - and what you're feeling right now.
    and prayers
  9. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

My lawyer said there is no law against "losing" something. They are claiming the records are "missing". He said there isn't much we can do about it. He was like, maybe if you were rich and could spend a ton of money and alot of years on it. But even then, he said we won't get them.

I was insured. Most of the visits were paid by Medicaid. So there have to be records somewhere of that. And if Social Security ever gives me a problem, I will tell them to look up what Medicaid paid and how many times they paid.

It's very upsetting. There should be much tougher laws on medical places "losing" your records.

The only bright side to this, is that all the rotten doctors that I've been to who have put down that CFIDS or Fibro are nut diseases, all that is gone from my records. Any rotten idiotic thing a moron doc has ever written on me is gone. I have a clean slate. And they are now forced to go by all current records, which do show actual abnormalities in my bloodwork.
  10. spacee

spacee Member

I am stunned by this news...sorry if I have missed prior posts. Have not been on the puter often.

I don't think that I will live to see the breadth and depth of the coverup of CFS. I may never get revealed in its fullness. Some people want it covered really bad and they have power. Well, that goes without saying, I guess.

I am so glad you were able to work through to the one bright spot. The docs that said you were nuts are now gone.

There is a verse in the New Testament, if you don't mind me referring to it. Vengence is Mine, says the Lord, And I WILL repay.

My personal philosphy about life is that it seems to be a series of tests and what seems important in the world we see, is not what is important in the spiritual.

It is still the strangest journey but I hope to find the meaning on the other side.

11. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

what medical records are missing ? Are these from a hospital or a doctors office?
    I am shocked reading this.

Some hospitals now put medical records on a disk, are all of your doctor visit records missing?
    If you are on social security disability and had a attorney for that, would your attorney have the copies?

This is horrible and why would this happen?

For years i've always got copies of test results for myself but not doc visit reports.
    I am so sorry this has happened to you, what could be the reason behind this?

12. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

I'm sure sorry to hear this. Apparently loosing records happends more often than we realize? Makes one wonder if they can not be responsiblie for records what else do they "botch"?

This has sure opened my eyes to the fact that I need to have copies of the records I have on hand!

I plan to apply for SSD next week. I hope my doctors have copies to send them. Will the SS Office ask my doctors for my records of will they ask ME to get them?

Butterflydream, how do you ask for your copies of test results? Do you get the run-around- when you make your requests?

Blessings and Light to All!
  13. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

when i ask for the copies of any test.

When ever i have any kind of testing , i ask at that time how soon will the results be completed. Test resuts are usually within a week and i then call at place of where i had the test and ask for copy. Usually when you pick up your test results you will need to show some form of identification. These are your test and every patient is entitled to these results Free. Don't wait months to get them, they may want you to then pay a fee.

I hope this answered your question Rockismom.

I can't stress enough how important this is. Get your copy of Test results especially before your next follow up appointment,

14. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

Thanks Butterflydream.

I wish I would have started this a long time ago.
    As it is, I have old "chart" records from my former GP. but never thought to ask
    other Dr.s for test resluts for my sleep apnea, carpal tunnel, blood work etc. though. (Darn it!)

Think I'll try though and hope it is not too late.

Take care and thank you for you reply!

15. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

How long has it been over what period of time that you had records there. I had a similar thing happen with a huge hospital and dr office in Kansas City and found out that any records over 5 years old were stored on discs and put in a huge storage place. They did not want to take the time to look through all those so they told me they couldn't find mine.

My attorney suppeoned (wrong spelling, can you translate what I mean) mine. Why can't your lawyer try that, it may just hustle them into looking for them. I think if they are suppeoned through a court they have to look for them. Not sure but worked for me.
  16. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

This isn't just a few records. ALL of my medical records from the time I was born up till about 2003 are "missing". I have been erased. I am a long term, late state CFIDS patients who got sick in 91. And someone has seen fit to hide or destroy ALL of my medical records. The entire giant medical file is missing. All the doctor's offices I went to over the years are now claiming I was never there. The only records left are a few ER visits and one echocardiogram test result at the hospital.

The doctor I went to from the time I was a baby, till I got sick in 91, he passed away, so there's no getting any of those old records if he still even had any. The only way to prove I've gone anywhere over the years would be from whatever Medicaid paid out. But all they have are whatever financial records they have, they don't have medical records.

My lawyer said that whoever did this absolutely does not want my records found. And he believes we will never see them and that I don't have enough money to fight this. You cannot fight the government.

My records went missing shortly after I got a diagnosis of being a Civilian with Gulf War Syndrome. The doctor I went to said I have the same strain of micoplasma as GWS patients, even though I was never in the Gulf. And shortly after that, all records were gone. I do not think that was a coincidence. And I find it very odd that all the doctor's offices that I contacted trying to get records, they all said they've never heard of me, even though I went more than once. No one has ever heard of me. Yeah, right.
  17. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

TeaBisqit so sorry your having to deal with this. That's awful that
    all your records except the most recent ones are missing .

I just wanted you to know I will keep you in my prayers.

Let us know how your doctor appt goes this week .

Gentle hugs, Pansy(susan)
  18. unbelievable about the missing records. I guess that is why we should ask for a copy of tests,etc when we see the dr.

I too can relate to your cage/prison/hell line, sometimes lately it gets so discouraging but I try to push on. My worst pain is also my low back/ right hip also, my tens machine keeps me sane. good luck to you.
  19. spacee

spacee Member

It takes all kinds on this board. Keep your chin up.

The woman who died who posted regularly on this board tested positive for two "weaponized" mycos.

There are others on this board who has posted positive to this type of myco.

This does not sound at all far fetched to me.

20. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

That is the diagnosis that I was given in 2003. The doctor said I have the same strain of micoplasma as Gulf War Vets and I am a Civilian with Gulf War Syndrome. That is what I was told. And shortly after that, my entire medical file went "missing". There is no far fetched about it. This is real life. And if you knew anything about GWS, you'd know that many of those people have also had their entire medical records suddenly disappear.

Many of us who got sick in the early 90's, seem to have gotten sick about the time the Gulf war people were coming back. And many of them did infect family members and friends. That is reality.