Getting Out Of A Funk

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debkmpf, Jun 4, 2003.

1. debkmpf

debkmpf New Member

Can anyone help me get out of this state I'm in?I haven't gotten out of bed in 5 days.I already take Prozac,Neurontin,Wellbutrin,and Ativan. My grown family keep telling me to snap out of it,but it's not that easy.I've had 2 nervour breakdowns because of abusive husbands,and I'm afraid if I go over the edge again I won't come back.Have had a lot of stress this year.Husband of 22 years divorced me,my father died,I had to move out of my home because I couldn't afford it, got a job ,and even though I haven't been in school for 30 years,I just finished my freshman year of college.Thanks for letting me vent You guys are great!!!I know you won't tell me to 'Snap out of it!!' Thank you.Deb
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

no wonder you are in a funk!

I am sorry you have been through so much but look what you have done! You are working and got through a year of college! Many people who feel well can't do that.

I lost my dad 16 years ago. It took 1 1/2 years to even begin to feel like myself again. I still cry on occasion. I will always miss him so much. You are still in the grieving phase and have to be patient with yourself.

I won't tell you to snap out of it but I will try to tell you to take baby steps. Get outside for at least 20 minutes a day in the sun if you can. (it's been raining here forever !) Take a soak in the tub if you can and make yourself get dressed if you can. These little things will help you get back out in the world at least to some extent.
    If possible, try not to think your situation to death. That can be very depressing and keep you stuck in a rut. I know it's easier said than done. You can think about things later, when you are feeling better.

Call your Dr. if you think he/she might be helpful.

I know this isn't much but sometimes the little things get you going again.
    Watch or read something funny.

If you can't get out of bed now, if you just aren't ready then give yourself a break and allow yourself to rest without beating yourself up.
    You are a survivor !
    Take care

[This Message was Edited on 06/04/2003]
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Sounds like you need a big ole
    {{{{{{{{{HHH UUU GGG }}}}}}}}}