Getting Ready on Time?? Anyone else have Trouble??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovstoshine, Aug 6, 2006.

1. lovstoshine

lovstoshine New Member

I haven't been on here for awhile, Gallbladder surgery and then ERCP surgery for a stone in my bile duct.

I am having a very serious problem of never being able to get ready on time for Dr. appt.'s or even going out to dinner with my husband which is of course something I like and want to do!!

This has been going on for quite some time, a couple of years, but it is just getting worse. It is taking me 2 hours or longer now to get ready.

My husband is really losing his patience with me, he Hates to be late!!

I normally start getting ready on time (sometimes not) and by on time I mean 2 1/2 to 3 hours before I should get ready and yet something always happens I have to go to the bathroom but it will take me forever to go - or it seems like I just move so slow and have no concept of time anymore??

I am thinking I will need to start 4 hours earlier, but my gosh that is ridiculous!! I used to be ready in 30 minutes to an hour at most if going out somewhere special.

I don't schedule any early Dr. appt's if I can get away with it, does anyone else have this problem??

Jeanie
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I had no concept of time or money. I would have an appointment and I would forget what I was doing and start other things. I could not judge time. I am some better. I could not tell time with a digital clock. We replaced my bathroom wall decorations by a Gigantic clock. I bought a timer that I put around my neck and use the timer on my stove and microwave to remind me to do things. It would and does take me hours to get ready and I certainly do not look like I use to when I am finished.

It's part of the cognitive problem. I was in the tub enjoying a soak in the tub with moisturizer in my hair and a mask on my face the other day and my husband came to see how close I was to leaving. We were supposed to leave in 15 minutes to get to my appointment and I was clueless and very upset.

I was never like this before. I do not know what happened to my brain. I make all my appointments for as late in the day as possible and post reminders to pop up on the computer.
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi Jeanie,

I just posted something similiar to this same topic on July 31st. The title was:

From "Leaving Home Early" to "Never Leaving Early Enough"

It's so strange that so many of us are dealing with the same problems which even confirms the FM more and more, don't you think?

I, also do not schedule any early appointments because I know I won't make it on time.

I just thought you might want to go back and read the responses.

I wish I had some answers but I just can't seem to find any.

Gee, it's really difficult as far as dining out, especially when it's something you enjoy so much,

BlueSky555
  4. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Now I have to set my alarm to allow myself three hours to be at church on time. If I am rushed at all, the anxiety attacks start, followed by IBS and once that sets in, I have to scrub the whole mission and I am left behind at home. It really is disheartening, isn't it?
  5. lovstoshine

lovstoshine New Member

I will check out the reply's on your post

Well although I am sorry to see other's have this problem as well, at the same time it helps to know I am not alone

I also was type A personality, so this really distresses me and I just cannot figure out why it is happening???

I mean how can you not know your taking too long?? but I honestly don't and I see you all are the same

Thanks for your reply's
    Jeanie
  6. joysarah

joysarah New Member

I have the hardest time being on time for things too. I don't make appt's early because I know I can't make it. I Have an appt tomorrow with a new rehumey and I am still awake, (since I can't go to sleep either). It is at 1145am and I have already had anxiety that I will not get up and out in time. I have never been one to jump up 5 minutes before needing to leave the house, but I have to get up at least 2 hrs ahead of time now just to make sure I make it on time. I too may have to go to the bathroom or something crazy happens. so I completely know where u all r coming from.
    Thabks Joy
  7. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Haha, most of the time I'm running late. My husband used to get frustrated about it in the beginning of our relationship, because he was always used to getting places early. I think we've finally compromised and started arriving just on time, lol. I still have my days where I run late, but it's not as bad as it used to be. Also, as my son's growing older (he's 5), it's getting easier to get him ready and out the door, so I have a better chance of not being late.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim