Getting ready to go to the ER. Yippee.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Aug 6, 2005.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Can't wait to see how this Fibromialgic Medicaid woman on 12 meds gets treated. I'll update you later.

The problem is that I woke up with my left arm being numb. I've had that happen before because I laid on it wrong or something. But, it's eight hours later and it's still like that. I can grip lightly, etc. but my nurse friend says I should get it checked out.

Oh yeah - tried a self tanner and have streaks all over my arms - that should be worth a laugh too.

I've been crying for the last hour just dreading how I'll be treated. How stupid is that? I get so mad at myself for thinking that way because I'm the first one that would stand up for a stranger and say knock it off and be nice.

Wish me luck.
  2. vwater

vwater New Member

Luck! Hoping you receive treatment that will help.

Victoria
  3. eggshel344

eggshel344 New Member

lots of soft hugs- ER people can either be so nice or just aweful in my experience. DON'T let them treat you like poop.

lots of luck- let us know how it goes-
    Samantha
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I hope they treat you with the respect that you deserve!

And .... I also hope that they can tell you what is wrong with your arm--hope nothing serious.

It really saddens me to think that you cried over an hour just dreading the treatment you might receive. People should not be that worried to go to an ER for treatment. There is something wrong with the system when people feel that way.

Just because you are on Medcaid and take numerous meds should not make any difference on your treatment.

Hopefully, you will return with good news!!!

(((Hugs)))
    Janet
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

If they give you trouble, pretend I'm standing by your side and tell them to knock it off and be nice! And, I would add if I were really standing there, "And don't give me anymore lip!"

Sorry for your pain and for your fear, but I will pray that all will be better and your fears of their attitudes and treatment will be unfounded.

Hugs..but gentle,
    Sue