getting serious about sleep and heated mattress pads

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Mar 21, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

took the ZMA 2nd night and I did feel myself twitching and jerking. My mind wanted so badly to go into a sound sleep but my body jerked me out whenever I started to slip. Going to continue with the ZMA. I did have bad gas (yucky!!) after taking the zma and was glad hubby was in other room. I am also thinnking about purchasing a heated mattress pad. For those of you that have them- do you like them? any particular brand that is better? Going to try and do what ever it takes to get some decent sleep here. I did notice with the ZMA that my mind did not seem to race.
    Judy
  2. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

3. paula45

paula45 New Member

I sleep on a feather bed topper with a heated mattress pad on it. I think if I had to give something up, the mattress pad would be the last to go. It is the BEST. I told my hubby the other night it was a huge blessing to have a warm place to lay down. Sometimes I turn it up high and use it as a full body heating pad (not when I'm sleeping, of course). I think everyone in pain absolutely should have one of these. Run, don't walk, to the store and get one (or like me, log on and order one...got mine at Penney's). Sleep well.
    Paula
  4. judywhit

judywhit New Member

to Jc penneys right now. This afternoon I put an electric blanket down as a pad just to see if I thought this would help. It is wonderful!!! I am going to check penneys out. Thank you.
    Judy
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am a generous person, but nobody could talk me out of my mattress pad! I have been using it now for two years, and could not imagine living without it.

I have mine on top of my featherbed too, it works like a charm! I have the Sunbeam wireless mattress heating pad. But I think any brand will do. I got mine from Penny's.

I also take ZMA, try eating a piece of toast or something before you take it if its giving you gas. I did not have that problem with it. As for the twitching, it stopped mine! Give it time, and I hope it helps you like it does me.

I also have that racing brain problem, its miserable. I take a low dose of Xanax (0.25 milligrams) at 6pm, then when I take the ZMA about 10pm, this crazy brain calms down and I am sleeping like a baby (a good baby!).

Hope this helps...........

Shalom, Shirl

6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I usually go in about 1/2 hour before bedtime and turn on the mattress pad. Then when I try to go to bed, I have to attempt to evict some thoroughly unhappy cats. They are certain that the heated bed belongs to them and they do NOT want to share. I can't lock them out, because I got tired of playing "musical cats" at 0300 every morning, so I installed a kitty door in the bedroom door.
    Kathryn