GETTING SICK (a must read)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cinnveet, Apr 1, 2006.

1. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

Getting Sick is along fall into what seems like a bottomless pit.

Early symptoms can come and go, like the flu or a bad menstrual period. Later, when these symptoms persist an worsen, the doctor who first hears of them is usually the wrong doctor and offers the wrong diagnosis.

The GP suspets it's a virus, the OB/GYN votes for early menopause.

New symptoms appear, but do not seem connected to existing ones and lead to a desperate hunt for someone, anyone, who can put a name to the cacophony of maladies. Layer after layer of mistaken identity bury the answer. This can go on for years.

Underneath the rounds of doctors, and the test, and the waiting and all the lost days...is fear. What will happen to me? What will happen to my family without me.?

Finally, someone hits on something that has the ring of truth to it. A name is given to the illness. Maybe the name comes with the possibility of treatment. Maybe even effective treatment.

There is hope, the fear subsides, a new chapter can begin.

Cindy
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

but I will quote from my recent notes doctor wrote-"none of what she tells me computes" ,,,,,therefore the other part is "are these people making it all up" and then send us to a shrink!

Love AC
  3. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I tried a shrink once, it didnt help me at all. But because my primary Dr. told me I had to go, that is why I went.

Shrink never gave me advise on dealing with chronic pain. He just sat there and listen to me talk and wrote notes.

I went to him for about 12 visits and I truly put effort in giving him a chance to help me, but no help was given.

I never tried going to another shrink again. But I am sure there are pently of them out there that proably are very good, I just happen to have one that wasnt.

This was 7 yrs ago, I am sure alot has changed since then.

Cindy
  4. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Hi Cindy,

It is very challenging for all of us!!!

All the medical tests, the terrible anxiety and fear each time we have a test done.

Everything comes into play, your family and friends and if they are understanding or not.

All it takes is one seed to cause the problem, then the seeds seem to expand and more and more comes to the surface, exploding into more problems, physically and mentally.

I hope we can all "begin that new chapter again soon".

Your post was great...

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  5. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

Thanks for the kind words.

I am still waiting for the fear to subside.

Today has been a challange to say the least. A 2 week festival has been going on, and I dont have the energy today to enjoy. I felt real bad that I didnt join my family for the boat parade today.

My home is located in the park were the festival is. There has been a concert every night. Last weekend I think I over did myself with the parades, taking the kids on rides, watching all the concerts. By wensday i had to call out of work from exhastion.

I hope with alot of rest today and by not walking around the park to see the sites that maybe I will be able to do it tomorrow.

Thanks Brenda for your prayers,
    Cindy