Getting so sleepy when I am posting and reading here.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Nov 18, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

My daughter and my grandson are going to be here soon to spend the night with us. Her hubby is off on a 4 day drill for the army and so she came to spend some time with us before she has to pick him up tomorrow.

I wanted to get on line before she got here as my grandson likes to play with coumputers. Theirs , mine it does not matter. He is only 19 months old and likes to play samsh the key board with the palm of his hand and lets run our toy cars across the key board as well. It opens up several windows at a time and some times it will cause the coumptuer to reboot. And I really don't like that to happen , so while he is here I have to turn it off so that if he climbs up on the chair he can't play on the coumputer.

As I was reading some posts I noticed that all of a sudden my eye's were closing and I was so sleepy and I am struggling to keep them open.

This is not the first time this has happened to me. I don't know just what is going on to cause this to happen. I started with my e-mail and right away reading the mail my eye's are so sleepy and my eye lids don't want to stay open and feel heavy . It is not time to take my meds and I have taken them on time today.

But this is so hard to deal with. I would like to write and answer some posts but with my eye's feeling so heavy like I need to go to bed and close my eye's and sleep. I am not tired other than my ey's feeling so heavy. I would really like to know what is going on with me and my body? I am so tired of this happening to me.

I feel so silly writing about some thing like this as I am not in more pain or any thing like that , I am just struggeling to keep my ey's open and stay awake. Now it is getting worse as I now have to make my self keep my eye's open. When all I want to do is to lay down and sleep right now.

Do you know just how hard it is to type when your eye's won't stay open? I hatet this feeling and I want it to leave me alone. But it does not work that way. so I am going to have to stop writing now as I can't keep my eye's open any longer. I wish that I could really discribe how this feels and what is going on with me. I am out of it and so sleepy that I just need to stop as my ey's keep closing now. Sorry about this I just can't tihnk of what I need to let you understand this feeling like I am so sleepy and need to shut my eye's asap.
    ]
    Thanks for reading this,
    Rosemarie
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

I am the same way! But only sometimes, like when I am even more out of it than usual, LOL!

I find making the print larger helps, and dimming the screen. We with CFS get "sensory overload" so easily! It's like having fluorescent lights, the computer screen. Well, mine is webtv, but it's still a big bright light in my eyes.

I think it's a type of narcolepsy, or sleeping sickness, that's happening. I find Provigil very helpful for it, BUT let me tell you, take it VERY early in the day or you'll be going, going, going like the Energy Bunny!

See if larger print and dimming screen helps you, ok? I always say, though, when my eyes close it's CFS saying, "Sleep or die!" That's the way it feels, right?

Enjoy your daughter and grandson's visit, and hide the keyboard for goodness sake! You don't want to have to buy a new one, do you? I know, anything for the precious grandkids, lol.

Best to you,
    findmind