Getting SSDI in Co. takes forever!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tjhoesch, Sep 11, 2003.

1. tjhoesch

tjhoesch New Member

I finally had my disability hearing on Sept. 3. My lawyer says it'll take another 3 months just to get a decision. If I'm approved, it could take another 2 months to get paid. I've waited almost 2 years just to get my hearing. Wish me luck! My attorney says he thought the hearing "Went well". TJ
  2. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

I have heard the same complaints from all over the U.S.

I applied in March '03 and was turned down in AUGUST. They are experienting with me to see if wait time can be shortened, so Appeal #1 is going directly to Appeals Judge instead of review by other SSDI personnel. I felt the need for an attorney at this point, so I got one. He called this week and found out that all of my paper work went to New Mexico so they could get the "file" in order for the judge who's going to review it. My attorney, upon asking, said my file was about the size of a ream of paper.

So No, you are not alone out in Colorado - it's all over the U.S. I've heard. I wish these people (SS) could expedite the decision making process - the longer we have to wait, the worse it gets in my household and our savings.

Yuk!

sunshine8957

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just to get my hearing in FL. I'm going to be trying to go back to work soon, so it will be a moot point except that I will never receive compensation for the time I was unable to work. SS sucks!

Love, Mikie