GETTING SSI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grandmasheri, Mar 19, 2006.

1. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

I was blessed to get ssi at my first hearing.
    Some advice....
    INSIST LOUDLY that you get ALL copys of your medical records from al your doctors. They will not want to give you this but if you are persistant they will. I even had the records from my pediatrician! Read them all and highlight anything that could pertain to FM. (unusual pain, fatige, "growing pains".
    Request A MES (medical expence report) from ALL the pharmacys you have used. You are not really looking at the cost, but this will give you a list of all perscriptions you have tried. Go back as far as you can! If they say they can only go back a few years, don't beleive them! They DO have the records, it just takes a little longer to get them out of the "dust bins". I worked in pharmacy so I kmow this is a fact. The report must be mailed to whichever address you have on file, or you must pick it up at the pharmacy with a picture ID. (if someone has Power of Attourny on you they can get it with proff)
    See a social worker or therapist. Ask them to go to the hearing and testify for you. I had no problem with this, my social worker was more than happy to go. She told the judge her observations of me. She also told the judge how I cried because I was to weak to hold my new Grandson. I was araid I would drop him and my arms grew tired after a few seconds.
    Hope this helps at least 1 person on this board, as you all have suported me so much.
    God Bless
    Sheri
  2. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

for great advice. Im always thrilled to hear someone got their SSI. Im still working on mine. Its going to the judge now. I know how you feel about those precious grandbabies. Im always in bed for at least one day after holding them but wouldnt miss this for anything in the world.

Suzette
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

now you need to wait for themoney to come in i assume...

enjoy

jodie
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Oh Sheri,
    Congrats for hun, you must be so happy this is all over with. For me tho...it's a fight. But I just wanted to let you know that I am very happy for you.
    Ann