Getting stomach bug every couple weeks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cakedec, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Cakedec

Cakedec New Member

I have FMS and about every two weeks this last couple months I seem to come down with a new stomach or intestinal virus with cramps, nausea, etc. that lasts about 24 hours. I had a flu shot in the fall.

I did start a before/after school job with school age children this year. Could I be catching a new virus from them that often ,getting the same one over and over, or is it the FMS?

Deb
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

A few years ago I went through repeated bouts of intestinal cramps, it kept recurring. I don't think I had nausea though. But it would make me tired and feel sick.

Anyways, on a hunch I treated myself for parasites using black walnut and ginger capsules. I did it for about 3 months I think, and the cramps stopped and didn't come back.

I think I had read that it was difficult to test for parasites and my doctor just said go ahead and try the treaetment to see if it helped and it did.

So this may be a possibility for what's going on with you. I also read that people with CFIDS are more prone to parasites because of impaired immune systems.

Mary

3. kch64

kch64 New Member

It seems that I get that way too. Always right before my period.

Hope you feel better soon. I may try that parasite cleanse mentioned in the last post.

K.
  4. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I had the same problem last year, starting in the winter. It's how I think I started getting CFIDS .... the doctors kept telling me I was just getting the flu, but I thought something was wrong with my immune system.

I ended up taking lots of herbs for my immune system, and eventually the repeated attacks of the flu stopped, but I developed new CFIDS symptoms. I got the flu shot this year though, and since then I haven't had it happened again.

Don't know what I can say to help, except that it helps to have a health care provider that actually listens to you and could help you problem solve this without blowing it off.

:) Hug to you!
  5. Line

Line New Member

Are you sure you do not have IBS, my IBS symtons are the same as your symtons, Sometimes frequent bathroom visits, sometimes none snd other times normal in the bathroom. But I get stomach and intestinal cramping, feel nauseated and just blah, like you have the flu.

Just adding my 2 cents worth, Hugs, Linda
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Must be done there and then or kept on ice. For CD(bad yeast), giardia and crypto.

If you get gas too it could be giardia.

Love Anne C
  7. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Deb:

Were you on any antibiotics recently? I was on one in December and then ended up with diarrhea and nausea so bad that by 1/15 I was admitted to the hospital by ambulance for dehydration. The diarrhea took two more weeks to clear, but the nausea never went away. I had all the tests, and scopes and they were fine.

Then last week I started feeling very fatigued again and I got the whole thing back Saturday. So they are repeating all the stool tests and more. It isn't fun. Acidphillus can help with the diarrhea, but better in pill form and avoid yogurt (dairy) while you're sick. Good luck.

M J