getting worse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jittle, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Jittle

Jittle Member

I don't know what is causing this, but I feel worse every day. My meds and supplements have not changed, and my pain meds do not seem to help anymore which is stressing me out. Then the stress causes major headaches that I cannot get rid of. I wake up so stiff and in so much more pain than I use to. Today my entire right side hurts: it hurts with every step I take. If I miss a muscle relaxer even by an hour or two my neck becomes so stiff which also causes headaches. I am living (sleeping,eating, etc...) healthier than ever and that is not helping.

Just wanted to complain.. Thanks.. Dont know what else to do at this point, I am ready to give up.

Jittle
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I wish I had some answers for you but I don't. All I can do is pray you feel better. I have had flares for no apparent reason and they always pass eventually. I hope yours passes quickly.

Love, Mikie
  3. emah

emah Member

I don't have any answers either BUT I can say I know about the "ready to give up" feeling. For me it does get exhausting, and it doesn't seem like it is getting better but it does see like it is getting worse. My meds don't work much either but finallly my doctor is increasing the dosage, so I am hoping for some relief.

I am blessed to have a husband that is supportive. He will say after I have told him that I didn't do anything all day, "maybe that's because you weren't suppose to do anything".

I am tired of not being who I used to be. I am unable to work, and can barely do anything around the house. I make plans but they just don't seem to pan out so I take it a day at a time and have decided that each day will decide what I can and cannot do.

I do not know if this is helping or not but you might want to not give up but give in, and by that I mean accept what is happening in any given moment and for whatever reason. It doesn't make what's wrong go away, but it doesn't seem as horrible. At least for me.

I had a small surgical procedure today and they put me to sleep. I didn't know that was going to happen. But when I awakened and was told I went to sleep (they said they were giving me a sedative) I realized that I had had the best sleep ever. It has been months since I have had a good restful sleep. I wanted them to put me back to sleep. I just have to be happy for the few minutes that I got. :)

Boy am I rambling.....sorry. I hope you get to feeling better. Oh one thing that really helped me was water. I learned to swim at 59. How about that?
  4. loto

loto Member

You have fibromyalgia, too?
    I will tell you what happens to me..since the weather is trying to change to winter I've had more and more pain and stiffness also. Through the warmer months the pain is more tolerable for me, and the meds I take help for the most part.

When it started getting colder all these pains that I forgot about (because those parts of my body don't hurt in warmer weather) come rushing back at me! I'll start to think, "now why is all this hurting now?" and then I remember, "oh yeah, that all hurt like hell last winter too".

So, winters coming and I have to deal with constant pain and stiffness. And, yes, every morning it takes so much to just get out of my bed. It takes me longer to get ready for work and half the time I'm late by at least 20 minutes. Thank goodness my supervisor is understanding about it.

I feel for ya, and don't worry about complaining! That's one good reason about his board. We can vent and complain to each other and we all understand!
    take care
    lori