GGGGGGGGRRRRRR.............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Oct 4, 2002.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

Here we go again. I had a couple of days where I actually felt human. But now I'm back to square one, feeling the fm taking over my body. The other night I woke up with a severe pain in my left temple. It comes and goes, lasting only a few seconds. It feels like some one is hammering a spike in my temple, or like someone stabbing me with a knife. I've been having this for a couple of days now. My face, left cheek, temple, ok the left side of my face is so sore, kind of stuffy feeling. I have alot of pressure in my ears. I've had this pain in my head before about a year ago. Have any of you experienced this? Ok my sinsus are killing me now.

My doctor just put me on norpramin. Has anyone else taking this? I asked him what it was for and he said it was first used to treat depression but they found that if helps patients with chronic pain. I researched it when I got home and couldn't believe what all it is used for. I'm suppose to take one (50mg) in the morning and one at night. I'm having a hard time with the one in the morning seeing how I'm a MOM and I have kids here. There's no way I can take anything that makes me sleepy, I'm tired enough with out any meds. LOL

Thanks for being there guys
    Lots of Hugs,
    Crissie
  2. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

Here we go again. I had a couple of days where I actually felt human. But now I'm back to square one, feeling the fm taking over my body. The other night I woke up with a severe pain in my left temple. It comes and goes, lasting only a few seconds. It feels like some one is hammering a spike in my temple, or like someone stabbing me with a knife. I've been having this for a couple of days now. My face, left cheek, temple, ok the left side of my face is so sore, kind of stuffy feeling. I have alot of pressure in my ears. I've had this pain in my head before about a year ago. Have any of you experienced this? Ok my sinsus are killing me now.

My doctor just put me on norpramin. Has anyone else taking this? I asked him what it was for and he said it was first used to treat depression but they found that if helps patients with chronic pain. I researched it when I got home and couldn't believe what all it is used for. I'm suppose to take one (50mg) in the morning and one at night. I'm having a hard time with the one in the morning seeing how I'm a MOM and I have kids here. There's no way I can take anything that makes me sleepy, I'm tired enough with out any meds. LOL

Thanks for being there guys
    Lots of Hugs,
    Crissie
  3. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

They can show up at any time or anywhere in the head. When I told my neuro she looked at me funny and I still think she didnt believe me. Thank goodness I'm not seeing her anymore, what a waste of time (5 months). I do believe this head pain is all part of the package, I dont know which part but I feel what you feel also. Pain...
    My doc put me on Elivil and it seems to have helped them.
    Take care and have a good day.....
    Carla
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That these pains are triggered by stress. I don't know if it's because we clench our teeth when we are stressed or whether it's just a stress/nervous system connection, but I get them behind my right ear. They are definitely nerve related as though someone is sticking me with an ice pick. I have achieved some relief by massaging the area and stopping to calm down and relax.

Love, Mikie