GI cleansing and IBS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IntuneJune, Mar 28, 2006.

1. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

If you have done a cleansing of the GI tract and have IBS, how did you fare??????

Have been fighting chronic/recurrent sinus infections...it's been hard.. have lost time out of work (I work 3 days a week).

Searching, found a common cause of sinus problems is fungus, then searching fungus, well, it can cause a lot.

So I have already tighened the reins with the yeast....since over the years, I have allowed a little more in my diet. So....now am being more vigilent.

One recommendation is GI tract cleansing.

In one with IBS, this sounds like an awful experience, I afraid I am going to have to move the computer and TV in the bathroom, and guess what, they won'd fit.

Thanking you for your help.

Fondly, June

2. hope4today

hope4today New Member

Am also interested in colon cleansing so I read your post.

My daughter (23 yrs) also has fibro and her big battle is sinus infections. She has used a grapefruit seed extract nasal spray sold by our naturopath which does wonders. She also uses a daily nasal sea salt spray to rinse her sinuses.

Most healthfood stores sell grapefruit seed extract...undiluted...I used it for an oral thrush infection with amazing results in 2 days when Nystatin didn't help! Just make sure to dilute as directed!!!

The Gut cleansing has me worried because it is so easy to get rid of what evere good flora we have and then really complicate things. CHeck a previous thread on colon cleansing that I found interesting...just type it in search box at the top of the page and it should come up.

Hope

3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

June,

Pau d Arco tea also helps!

n.f.
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Thank you for that tip, grape seed extract for sinus infections. I have missed quite a bit of work in the past month which started with recurrent sinus infections that have been bothersome for a year and a half to two years.

When I did get back to work, part time, I worked 2 1/2 days and crashed at work.....it was the flu. Had gone home (I work in a hospital) only to be told to go to the ER on a phone call with my doctor. I was so sick. Nasal swab confirmed Influenza A.

Have recovered just about from that but had been researching more than usual on the computer and this fungus/sinus thing caught my attention and the fact it can cause havoc for those who have allergies to mold in more than just the sinuses, one thing led to the other and yesterday on the way to the doctors, I stopped at a health food store to buy a cleansing kit.

Now get this, today, I have SEVERE diarrhea, the watery-type like a water faucet. So I am thinking.....do I really need this darn kit.... was going to start this weekend.

June