GI FLARE NERVE PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BHopeful, Dec 22, 2006.

1. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

When my GI tract flares up for some reason it could lead to horrible nerve pain - anyone else have this connection.

The nerve pain is sooooo bad. It feels like my whole body is being whiped with a burning leash. I also get the sensation of being very hot then exteremly cold and trembling.

This is so frustrating (not to mention so painful). It disrupts my sleep and leads to the horrible fatigue.

Anyone else get this and what do you do??? I don;t know why GI upset triggers it?

Ben
  2. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

Like wakemeup I have nerve damage that has paralyzed my large intestines. I had a transit study done and only 5 markers had oved out of small intestine. I had to have surgery for it due to hernias created from the pressure. Since then I have been taking Miralax every nite just to force the food thru my bowel. I hardly eat anything yet I gain weight. I now also have pelvic floor dysfunction that casuses extreme pain and I feel as if my insides are pushing on my perinium area and are going to fall out. I feel for you guys. I hope Ben that you can see a good doc about it. I take 2400 mg of Neurontin and 450 mg of Tramadol a day for nerve pain. I have Valium that I take to relax the spasams in the pelvic region....it does not help much at all.

mymichelina
  3. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

Although the nerve pain is not in my insides. My insides are just triggering nerve pain elsewhere - mainly my legs, feet, amd private parts.

Does this make sense?

Oh...I hate it!

Ben
  4. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

I have the pain in my lower limbs as well, i usually lay on my side like wake me up says with an ice pack on perinium (private parts) and heating pads on my legs and feet. I feel your pain......

mymichelina
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

As I speak, the gut and nerve pain are awful. Interesting re the lorazepam as in NY it is classed as a narcotic. My DH takes it and some docs here are dreadful re prescribing, yet elsewhere it is just a regular scrip. I think we also get trapped gas that really presses on nerves, the Nagus as Wake mentions.

I have been using elavil but it is not working that well afater working OK for a couple of weeks.

The pain in my left side and gut (also the right but not today) feels like a charlie horse and the leg pains and hip issues go with it.

Love Anniecrom
  6. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

are you in NY like I am?

It can be difficult to get prescriptions sometimes.

Thanks for all your replies. I'm going over to a friends now. I probably wont have access to internet.

Putting an ice pack on my crotch sounds great right now :). It will be nice to be with friends...I'm very blessed that way.

Speak soon,
    Ben

7. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

Would love to find another New Yorker...

Cromwell - are you there?

Ben