Girls monthly changes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onedaysoon, Aug 6, 2008.

1. onedaysoon

onedaysoon New Member

Just wondering if anyone has had any changes in their monthly since becoming sick.

I have recently started getting my monthlys about every 2 weeks. I only have like 2 okay days and the rest I keep continualy feeling incredibly worn and tired, beyond the normal CFS stuff. And it is like the blood is gone from my brain and many other symptoms.

My body is in a continual monthly cycle mode and I am tired of being so worn from this.

I don't have the money to go to the Drs. I haven't been able to work for awhile, due to CFS. I have insurance, but my deductible is $3000.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I've had a hysterectomy so I can't help with this.

Thought I'd bump you back to the top.

Take care
  3. simonedb

simonedb Member

my cycle stayed pretty consistent to 28 days like usual but once I had fullblown cfs/fm I dreaded even more the up and down with energy and mood as it got even worse and then for 2 two of the first days of cycle I was practically bedridden almost every month. Then I got menopause early (early mid 40s) for some reason, but thats actually been pretty cool and no more up and down from that stuff anyway.
  4. binxi

binxi New Member

at the moment. i recently had 3 months where it was down to about 3 weeks, but the last one was back up to 4.
    i figured it must be cfs related either because of the disease or because of lifestyle changes caused by the disease. i haven't been able to work since march and thats about when the irregularities started.
    if it got down to 2 weeks i think i'd be getting medical help- that is harsh!
  5. onedaysoon

onedaysoon New Member

Thank you Susan07, for helping and bumping me up.

Simonedb, i'm kind of jealous. I wish I could go through menopause. It sure would make things a whole lot easier. But, I am in my early 30's so sadly it's probably even less likely :eek:(.

It is kind of weird, because the off scheduled ones come on schedule, if that makes any sense. They come cosistently the same amount of days after I finish the last one.

Thank you guy very much for helping! I am hoping that I can find a way to go to a gyno. sometime. But, I am stuggling just to pay the bill for my high deduc. health insurance. If I saved all the money from my health insurance bills I could have gone to the drs.
    But, I know I will regret it if an emergency comes along and I canceled my insurance.

Thank you guys again!
  6. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Best of luck onedaysoon!

I've had the DD long before my first period, so I'd have to say it had zero impact.

But, I've also been in peri-menopause for over 7 years - and it's driving me nuts! I'm so done with the hot flashes, mood swings, severe cramps, acne, and all the other joys - including heavy periods (sometimes I get 3 in one month)! Men should have to deal with this too LOL!
  7. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Yes...mine are now out of whack too! I have had CFS for almost 7 years now (I am turning 33 in November) and my cycle seemed fine until the past two years. Suddenly it has started to be off. It seems like every other one is messed up. I will have a normal period and then the following period will last 12 or 13 days! It is insane. I have talked to my gyn about it and am about to have a transvaginal sonogram to see if there is anything causing it. It can be caused by cysts, tumors, endometriosis so they are checking for those things with the sonogram since everything turned up ok at my annual visit.

If the sonogram comes back normal than I will assume this has to do with CFS. CFS seems to put many of our body systems and hormones out of whack so it wouldn't surprise me if CFS is causing my cycles to be out of whack too.

Take Care!
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

this happened to me and I had a hysterectomy when I was 39 - way back in 1989 - I never looked back, best thing that happened.

It took me 11 weeks to recover because of M.E./CFS but after that it really helped.

I'm not sure what they can do nowadays to help but there must be something and I dont know what age you are. I'd had my two kids and having a hysterectomy didnt bother me at all.

Hope you get this sorted out, I know how debilitating it is.

9. runnerkarrie

runnerkarrie New Member

My cycles used to be normal until the last few months. I did have an ultra sound and it is fibroids. Not sure if there is a connection between FM and fibroids. I was dx a couple months ago with FM.
  10. jaded_lady

jaded_lady New Member

When I started taking prescription vitamin D for my vitamin d deficiency, I became regular again.

I urge everyone to get their vitamin levels checked, esp vitamin d.

Men and women both can have several serious health issues with vitamin d defic., including diseases.
  11. onedaysoon

onedaysoon New Member

Wow, Frosty77, you poor thing perimenopause 7 years.

Rosiebud, a hysterectomy sounds great. Ok, not really the act of getting one, but the after part seems great :eek:). I am 31 and do NOT want kids; so I am fine if I ended up not having to deal with this monthly stuff early.

I guess we never have a dull moment with this illness.

That is not fair that guys do not have to deal with this.

Thank you, everyone!

12. pluis

pluis New Member

Did you have your D-levels checked before trying the vit.D??

My period is regular however I feel horrible during that time but in summer it is more bearable than in winter..

I am about to start taking the pill to see if it will take away those horrible symptoms..

Does anyone have info on vit. D and CFS/menstrual problems?

13. onedaysoon

onedaysoon New Member

I had my vit. D tested a long time ago and I was VERY, VERY low. I never got back to the normal levels, but had to stop going to the drs, because of lack of money.
    I just e-mailed my dr. and she sent mailed a lab slip without having to go see her. I haven't been retested yet.

I did think about that. But, I couldn't find any reseach about a link.

Were your cycles off, like having too many or did yours stop? Because I think I read something about them stopping because of it?!

Mine were regular even when I was VERY deficient, but are not now. I am not sure if I am still def. or not. I hope I can go to find out soon.

I agree everyone should get their Vit. D tested.