Gitten a kitten

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GreenOnions, Sep 12, 2008.

1. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

I've decided to adopt a kitten, to keep the other 4 kitties company. He's about 10 weeks old. I wasn't gonna do it, didn't think I could stand havin a kitten around, after losing Belly Lugosi like I did. Still, I walked over to Ted's place to look at em. Danged if the one boy didn't try to follow me home. It ain't but a quarter mile from my place to Ted's, but a quarter mile is way too far for a kitten to walk.

I took him back soons I noticed him.

I was sittin down to supper later, and the youngest of the little darlings heard a "mew mew" from the porch. Sure nuff, that little stinker was sittin there, scared and lonely.

I figured any kitten that'd brave the hawks, dogs, and whatnot just to follow me home was dumb enough to fit in here.

Now I just gotta come up with a name. He's a little orange-red ball of fur, with cream colored spots.

2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Welcome to the new little fella !! I can't think of a name right now. Maybe someone else with lots of kitties have an idea. I love that Belly Lugosi name but I am sure you don;t want to name the new little fella the same name as your other one. Plus, that name sounds more like for a black cat. How old are your other cats or kittens?

You surely will have a busy household with lots of meow'n going on. Your new little guy sounds soo cute !!

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

brave little kitty - it was meant to be - he's fallen in love and adopted you.

You'll have lots of fun finding a name for him.

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sounds like a little ball of fur and determination. And a good tracker too.

I have an orange tom my self. His name is Huckle.

5. Didoe

Didoe New Member

you big marshmallow
    got SUCKER on yer forehead do ya?

Dont you know the litter mates had this all worked out?
    It was little Buster's turn to leave the nest and when you didnt 'get it' they tossed him out and said, git going cause this ain't the place for you wonder he was mewing, scared and pooped out. and they all seem so nice and fluffy...I could tell you stories to make your knees knock.

been there
    got 2 because they were able to read very well, its a small vocaulary cats have, but SUCKER is the first word they associate with 'human.'
  6. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I was given 2 kittens on Christmas Eve that were rescued, they are a joy!

The black one is all over the place running around and she even goes under your feet as you walk and trips you. She's been walked on a lot and loves it!

Whereas her sister, a gray striped is fun but not as high-energy, yet loves to hang from curtains and scratch furniture, which I am trying to stop her from doing.

There was a clinic when they were 6 mos. that we were able to get them spayed and shots at an affordable price.

It seems the color of the cats we have had in the past reflects a lot of the personality and the orange cats are wonderful. They usually take care of the others and love people. They seem very intelligent.

We just lost another orange cat to a brain tumor, he was 16.

Have fun with your new kitty.

7. sisland

sisland New Member

There was a kid we knew that named his Cat "Brave Heart",,,,,,,sort of sounds like your new little Fella!,,,,,,Have Fun!,,,S
  8. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I agree, it sounds like HE adopted YOU. What a cute story.

I have an orange kitten too. When I was naming him I thought of all kinds of red-headed kids names like Opie, Tyler, Chuck Norris... Then once I got to know his personality - the "feisty little brother" to my older kitten Scotty, I wanted so bad to name him Little Arliss, after the feisty little bro on Old Yeller. But Hubby is not into the creative type pet names, so we named him Frankie.

I have grown to hate the pet naming process. My husband likes names like Boots, Fluff and other common pet names. I like the unique names like Chuck Norris and Little Arliss, or people-only names like Steve the cat. We end up settling on something in between that neither of us really like that much.

If I had known a year ago when naming Scotty the Russian Blue-like kitten, that I would have an orange kitten a year later, I would have named them Rusty and Dusty after the trolls I had when I was 5.

There is nothing more fun than a new kitten! Hope you come up with a great name for him. He sounds adorable. You will have to post a picture of him!
  9. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

I wrote a post yesterday, and named all of ya by name, thanking you for yer posts. Looks like the kitten musta got on and deleted it, or something.