Givin' a shout out to hangininthere

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DeborahLynn, Jun 9, 2008.

1. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I just wanted to tell you that I use that phrase whenever anyone asks me how I'm doing. "Hangin' in there" is truthful, without having to go into detail about all my aches and pains and weakness. I often say, "I'm hangin' in there with God's help!"

Love and prayers,

2. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Bump for hangininthere!
  3. AnnieLeu

AnnieLeu New Member

to tell people I'm hangin in there. I hate going into details....most people are not interested in hearing it anyway.
    Way to go Deborah
  4. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

Yes... hangin in there is a good response. When people ask how you are, they don't really want to know. For those of us with FM, they REALLY don't want to know how we are truly feeling. We just have to remember there ARE others out there that DO know how we feel. I see the advertisements on TV about FM. The word is getting out. What we have IS real. My g-ma had the best answer to when someone would ask her how she was feeling. She would answer, "With my fingers!" .... :)
  5. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I was hoping you'd catch it! My Father-in-law told me to say, "I'm in pretty good shape, for the shape I'm in!"

I think I was named "Debbie" because my folks worked for McKee Foods, the company that makes Little Debbie's!

Katiebug, your Grandma must have been something else! Sounds like she likes to have fun.

I am super tired and not very coherent, or I'd write a little more... My daughter needs to go to bed now, so I'll say good night, God bless all, and sweet dreams!

Love ya',

6. momof27

momof27 New Member