Giving "yeast" its own thread

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Stormy214, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

I'm giving this one its own thread because it is such an important topic for us! First of all, if your doctor hasn't taken a culture, he/she should be taken to task. My girlfriend was treated for vaginal yeast infection for many many months because her doc didn't culture...and when he finally got around to it, it turned out the infection was actually bacterial. So knowing exactly what he's treating is obviously of the utmost importance. This second part your going to laugh like h*ll at (everyone else does), but it is something that was suggested to me by my female gynecologist, and it does work for me! Buy some plain, unflavored cultured yogurt and either swab it all over the area or using a monistat applicator...well, I guess I don't need to get graphic, but that actually works (for me) like you wouldn't believe! I can't say I know of anyone else who has tried it after I suggested it; if they didn't, they won't admit it but I don't have a problem with that! I don't care how gross or weird it is, I have been plagued by yeast infections, and darnit, this is the best treatment for me. Maybe its worth a try for you.
    Peace, and hope you find relief soon!
    Stormy
  2. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

I'm giving this one its own thread because it is such an important topic for us! First of all, if your doctor hasn't taken a culture, he/she should be taken to task. My girlfriend was treated for vaginal yeast infection for many many months because her doc didn't culture...and when he finally got around to it, it turned out the infection was actually bacterial. So knowing exactly what he's treating is obviously of the utmost importance. This second part your going to laugh like h*ll at (everyone else does), but it is something that was suggested to me by my female gynecologist, and it does work for me! Buy some plain, unflavored cultured yogurt and either swab it all over the area or using a monistat applicator...well, I guess I don't need to get graphic, but that actually works (for me) like you wouldn't believe! I can't say I know of anyone else who has tried it after I suggested it; if they didn't, they won't admit it but I don't have a problem with that! I don't care how gross or weird it is, I have been plagued by yeast infections, and darnit, this is the best treatment for me. Maybe its worth a try for you.
    Peace, and hope you find relief soon!
    Stormy
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

Someone else on the thread I started suggested this but I didn't understand how to do it. Now I do!

It is worth a try.
    Thanks. Pepper
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

If Yeast is the culprit---doesn't yogurt contain sugars which would therefore feed the yeast?
    Karen
  5. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

Good question, and I'm sure that even in the plain unflavored yogurts there must be enough to sustain the live yogurt culture. If I understand my gyn, tho, the idea is that the "good" yeast crowds out the "bad" yeast. I'm no expert, that's for sure! I only know it has worked for me when all else has failed. Now, I don't even bother with anything else. Soon as I feel one coming on, I start up with the yogurt, and so far so good. However, another point might be whether or not body chemistry has something to do with it? *Sigh* So many questions, so few answers...
    Peace, Stormy
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Maybe it changes the Ph--
    to make a hostile environment for the little yeastie critters---heck, i dunno....
    As long as it runs them outta "Dodge" *wink*
    I could think of far worse things to have to apply to that area.....
    Lol, remembering my statement about "eating a dead skunk" if it would make me feel better...
    oh, I have lost it this afternoon---geez.
    Karen
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I have a friend in Ann Arbor, MI who has been doing this for years!!! She told me about this about 20 years ago--back when you couldn't get the Monistat cream without a doctors rx. She said it always worked for her!

So I'm a believer...

Hugs,
    Pam
  8. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

Until now, I am the only person I know who will admit to doing such things with yogurt! *bow-bow, praise to your highness* Thank you! *LOL*. And Karen...I don't EVEN want to know about the skunk thing! he-he-he
    Peace, Stormy