Glasses that hurt the bridge of your nose?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scrappnmom, Jul 30, 2012.

1. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

I have a new complaint that is driving me crazy! Just the past few weeks my glasses seem to hurt the bridge of my nose. I can't hardly keep them on! They are not new either! I have worn them comfortably for a few years! Does anyone else have this problem? Why would my nose hurt?
  2. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Do you have FM? If so, it could just be the nerves in that area are overactivated right now. I feel for you. I cannot bear the feeling of even the lightess glasses on the bridge of my nose. But I am getting older and sometimes I have to wear them to drive a car. Not only does the car get driven but I get driven nuts too! Hugs, Michelek
  3. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

Michelek, yes I do have Fibro. I'm just not sure what to do about it. I can't see well without them, but they hurt.
  4. simpsons

simpsons Member

this could be a sign that yr sinus region may be inflamed. This may be a sign that your immune system is getting worse and showing in this area. or that you have a new allergy which is being dealt with in this area, causing inflation.

a very simple explanation may be that the fit of you glasses may need adjusting. perhaps you have without knowing moved the pads and they are causing pain.

perhaps reviewing allegens, or a trip trip to the opticians for a refit if pos may be something to consider?

Also you may consider a re exam for new script on your lense strength. This can often cause headaches, and should always be considered. An optician can see diabletes via the health of your eyes as well as other health problems. So regular check ups every year or two are important.

5. Hi there, I also have Fibro and the last 3 months whenever i put on my reading glasses(cheaters) lol, my nose has been killing me and getting a rash where the glasses sit, it does hurt badly, sorry you have this problem, but at least now I know Im not crazy lol
    take care