Gliadin Ab,SIgA test for Celiac positive and anxious

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowerxo, Aug 22, 2008.

1. sunflowerxo

sunflowerxo New Member

Hi was wondering if anyone had done the saliva test for Gliadin for celiac disease and how accurate is the test? I returned home with a positive test of 19 from the saliva test done by Diagnos-Techs, Inc. which my naturopath ordered. Borderline was 13-15 and positive is >15. She did send me today for blood test too. I was just having some anxiety as it is the weekend and this test read positive. Anyone know is this is pretty accurate testing??
  2. dastolz

dastolz New Member

My daughter has Celiac and goes to the best pediatric GI in the U.S., who has taught me a lot. You're blood test has to go to the right lab because a lot of labs are not accurate w/ this particular test. The best lab for Celiac testing is Promethius.
    If you do test positive you must see a G.I. BEFORE you stop eating Gluten! They need to do a biopsy (simple endoscopy) so they can see the flattened villi in the intestine. That proves to the Dr.s and insurance that you do have Celiac.
    If you don't go through those steps, you may have to go back on Gluten and make yourself sick later so they can do the test.
    There are great websites and support groups for Celiac (much better than for Lupus.) I'll be glad to help tell what brands to buy, etc.
    Good luck, don't get too anxious. Once you get used to the diet it's easier and most people feel GREAT. Smile, wine is gluten free!