.....Global Warming...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rocky76, Dec 7, 2009.

1. rocky76

rocky76 Member

....Global Warming has hit.....

....Its 11 degrees out....
  2. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Not sure where you live,seems global warming has hit many parts of the nation today...18 degrees for our high today and tomarrow(I'm in Denver). My daughter in Seattle is fffffreezing there with a high of 24! But hey,we are going to have a veritable heat wave by Thurs...35 degrees(LOL!)Merry Christmas!!!~~~Jeanne
  3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I know we are burning up here in San Diego, where the overnight temps are in the 30s!!
    But not to worry the "Climatologists" will find some way to manipulate the data to show the "warming trend".
    But you know how us Flat Earthers are LOL
    [This Message was Edited on 12/08/2009]
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

parts of Texas that normally do not get snow DID like the other day. Everyone got so excited that have never seen it before.

Georgia - How many goats do you have that you had to bring inside :) ! ??

Hugs to awl,

BILLCAMO New Member

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!

It got below zero here last night.

Couple that with the recent reports of internet stolen info that stated that some scientists "slanted" their "studies" to support their "wanted" results does not speak well of the so-called "objective" scientific investigation.

And the media hasn't had very much to say about that........HHHHHHMMMMMMMMM.......

We DO NEED to develop & utilize alternative energy sources ! But , we don't need to be lied to or lie..........IMHO.....

I stop here because I fell off my soap box & got hurt.....;>)

Blessings ,

[This Message was Edited on 12/08/2009]
  6. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

heard that 5F this morning, and supposed to be 2F tonight here.

I put a propane catalytic heater in my van set on low, to keep windshield free of snow.
    By parking on a slope, with windshield uphill, the warm air goes to top and keeps front warmer.

I guess more glaciers are supposed to start forming in Canada with global warming. Evaporation from open water (instead of an ice cap) is supposed to increase snow fall.

Meanwhile, freezing here. I do sort of wish that we could hibernate in the winter. Cheers, mr Bill
  7. JimB51

JimB51 Member

... yeah right! Tell me another politically correct fairy tale.
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

mrbill whereabouts do you live??? Alaska? or I guess it could just be the upper midwest?

speaking about "global warming" - i remember reading that in the 1700s oranges were grown all the way into southern Georgia, even bananas! There's a special nursery in Ty Ty, GA (yes, a real place!) that still sells descendants of those banana trees! Regardless of variety, the fact they could grow any at all says a lot!

Such a shame about all the mess the too "pro-active" scientists have caused... hope the baby doesn't get thrown out with the bathwater, pollution is still a problem.

Well, down here in sunny Mexico, it's been sunny but cold at night - lowest so far has been 40 degrees F.... don't laugh! (AND I'm at 7,200' elevation!)

9. quanked

quanked Member

and it looks like it will be the same tomorrow night.

Didn't anyone see the film "The Day After Tomorrow"? Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhaal, 2004. It did definitely did not get too hot.

It was fiction film but some science went into it. It was based on a book (I believe it was non-fiction) by Art Bell and some other guy. It was interesting.
  10. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

I think that about ten feet of snow at the 7,200 elevation here.

"Here" being in the California Sierras, near Quincy CA. Only about four inches of snow here, but very slippery. Feels cold even when inside and warm. Think that it even slows the brain down.

This kind of cold always reminds me of the intense Jack London short story, "To Light a Fire". Though it really was in Alaska and the temp about -70 F.

Think that I've seen "The Day After Tommorow" though I can't remember how it ends......very cold I suppose.

I read a SF short once that had the Earth become glacially frozen. A dying last tribe of humans preserved a Walt Disney film that was found eventually by Aliens. The subject was a Mickey Mouse cartoon.......which puzzeled the Aliens to no end. LOL : our cultural heritage shrunk to a mickey mouse cartoon.

Brrr, meanwhile must go back to shivering and "Brrring", your mr Bill

11. jole

jole Member

our temp and it's 2 degrees. Suppose to get down to -10 before morning with a -20 windchill. But then up to 20 for the high tomorrow...so yes, I believe in global warming...lol...

First the global warming "oops", then the airpost security "oops". Me thinks we're doing ourselves in no matter which way someone turns! Plus our homegrown terrorists. Okay, must be late......either I'm rambling or it's brain freeze!..............................Jole

BILLCAMO New Member

It's also regular for "normal folk"........lol

For example , I've seen several times on the news that "people security" has been pretty good............but..........luggage security is still pretty lax.

DUH , why not give the hate mongers a map AND directions......

Back to the original post....

We DO need to develop and utilize alternative energy sources for several reasons. I know of one that would help a lot and can't find a way to share this info without putting it out and risking severe consequences.

It's too bad that money and power are more important than people & our earth........

Blessings ,