GLUTATHIONE/ATP INJECTION INFO NEEDED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by DaHoop, Mar 13, 2013.

1. DaHoop

DaHoop New Member

I was online trying to get some info on Glutathione /ATP shots and came across a vitamin website that you could order them from. This confused me because I thought these shots were by Physician Prescription ONLY.

1) Does anyone know if these injections are a Supplement or by Prescription Only??
    2) If a supplement, do you just call a compounding pharmacy and tell them what you want??
    3) I know the mixture is 100mg Glutathione and 1mg ATP, but does anyone know how much Lidocaine is put in to stop the burn/sting??
    4) Does anyone know of a compounding pharmacy that has already dealt with these shots and any ideas of prices??

Even if it is by prescription only..I could really use the feedback for questions 2, 3 and 4 anyway.
    THANKS BUNCHES..
  2. mbofov

mbofov Member

Hi DaHoop - I don't know anything about glutathione/ATP injections, but wanted to tell you about sublingual glutathione which might be a viable alternative.

Source Naturals makes a very affordable sublingual glutathione product called Chem Defense. It has reduce glutathione, molybdenum and b2. On-line it's $9 or $10 for 90 tablets.

But if you get info on the glutathione/atp injections, let us know - it's always good to have more information -

Best wishes,

Mary
  3. DaHoop

DaHoop New Member

Thanks Mary I appreciate the information and your time in posting. Will Update any info I get. Thanks again..Deb
  4. IanH

IanH Active Member

These injections are available and will raise your blood levels of GSH, not your ATP levels of course.

But think about it. What is the point of raising blood levels of GSH and then testing blood levels? No point!

Glutathione does its job in the liver and brain. The amount floating around in your blood is no indication of brain or liver levels. I am not suggesting that GSH injection or supplementation is pointless but testing it via serum is not proven to be a valid marker.

You can raise blood levels of GSH with a very high dose orally (this has been shown to be moderately effective) or a sublingual dose (which is effective).
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you for your help in answering members' questions. It is much appreciated.

Love, Mikie