Glutathione cream anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Jan 5, 2006.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I saw a new doctor yesterday, told him about the CFIDS and my very weak immune system (I've been fighting the flu for over 4 weeks now, and am often sick anyways - and I'm taking garlic, pau d'arco, vit. C, zinc and a few other things)

He prescribed glutathione cream to be applied topically, said he does not do glutathione injections or IVs. So I just wanted to know if anyone had used the cream before, and if so, what were your results?

Mary
  2. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

Mary, a friend of mine was using it but had an allergic reaction to a dye in it. So she got pure glutathione powder from a compounding pharmacy which she mixes with water and rubs on and is fine with that (although it's very expensive). She's using it to heal nerve damage from lyme and possible MS and is seeing good results.

I am still a bit skeptical that it can be absorbed through the skin since it's comprised of three amino acids which are complex in structure and to my knowledge can't be absorbed that way. But her doctor and pharmacist say otherwise and she does seem to be getting results.

Jan
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thanks for your reply. I'll ask the doctor or the pharmacist about how it can be absorbed through the skin, that's an interesting point. I think the doctor recommended it because of my weakened immune system.

Mary