Glutathione Food Sources

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by slowdreamer, Mar 28, 2006.

1. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

My Nutrition Almanac lists the food sources of Glutamic Acid but not those of glutathione..Are they interchangeable.?.Am chasing this up because i prefer food rather than supplements.
  2. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

I know of is undenatured whey. It contains precursors for making glutathione in the body.

Hope this helps but if there is a food source I wouldn't mind knowing myself.

Sue
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

Food sources with the highest amounts of naturally occurring glutathione include; asparagus, avocado, grapefruit, squash, potato, cantaloupe, peach, zucchini, spinach, broccoli, watermelon, and strawberries. Fish, meat, and foods which yield sulfur containing amino acids (e.g. eggs) are the preferred sources for maintaining and increasing bodily glutathione levels. [
  4. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Thanks Elliespad and Tantallon for your helpful replies, ..Can't tolerate the whey but am growing broccoli,zuccini, squash, peaches and potatoes in my food forest.
  5. WendyC

WendyC New Member

Hey, haven't posted in a while. Also look up raw (unpasturized milk) and raw cheese. You can buy the milk direct from farmers sometimes.Take vitamin C also to raise your levels, in fact all the antioxidants play a role in glutathione uptake. Also milk thistle and flax seed help body to support glutathione uptake. I take vitamin C and E, milk thistle and flax seed among others. This weekend I will pick up my first order of raw milk and I have ordered a juicer to begin juicing.

Wendyc
  6. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I haven't posted here in a while cause I've been more busy than usual, but every time I check in here it seems like someone asks the same questions that I have, including this one about glutathione. There's no question that without this board I wouldn't feel as good as I do right now. Thank you all!!!!

As for glutathione, I bought a five-pack of the B-12 shots with AMP and glutathione from Dr. Holtorf's office, L.A. FFC. I had no idea that it's so easy to give myself these shots once a week, and it doesn't even hurt, really. I find that they are so very helpful at keeping my energy levels up.
  7. elliespad

elliespad Member

Can you tell me how much the 5 Pack of B12, AMP and Glutathione cost you? I go to FFC in Connecticut and may ask about this next time. Thanks.
  8. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, the five-pack costs $120, and I think it's $35 apiece if you get them there.

I thought it would be hard to give it to myself, but for some reason it doesn't hurt except a little tiny bit as and after the liquid goes in. I don't even feel the needle part.
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Asparagus is one of the richest sources of glutathione. It's also a highly alkaline food. This is a winning combo for healing many diseases.

I ran into a testimony abut it on a cancer site. A survivor got over near deadly breast cancer by flooding herself w/ alkalizing foods, cheifly glutathione rich ones. The biggie was asparagus. her and her hubby still have asparagus daily as a preventative. They blend it up and freeze it in bulk, in soups and as a puree they put in vegetable drinks for handiness.

Jeanne
  10. elliespad

elliespad Member

Thank you for that info. I think I might ask for it when I go next time. ;)