Glutathione IVs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Jan 30, 2006.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Does anyone get this from a mainstream doc? And, if so, what results have they had?
    Best
    Delia
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

Doctor of Osteopathy, who is a family practicioner. He used to work for a Mayo Health Clinic, but I gather, felt his hands were tied to do some things that he thought would be helpful. He has been giving glutathione iv's to parkinson's, ALS, FMS, and other patients with nuero illnesses. I have fms, cfs, mcs, mps, etc.

I was in a car accident 5 years ago and my health has declined since. Last summer, I was extremely ill, and believed I would not survive much longer. I have been getting glutathione iv's 3x/week since this summer. I get 200mg of glutathione 3 x/week. In the third iv, I also get magnesium.

These iv's have saved my life, and i have had slow but steady improvement in my symptoms since. I don't know what to expect, or how much more improvement I might get. I am still very ill and debilitated, but so much improved. I wonder where I would be if this treatment had been available 5 years ago. Sigh.

If you were to look for a doc to provide the iv's I would check the ACAM website, and their doc referral section. I think that is the American College of Alternitive Medicine, where several D.O.'s and M.D.s are listed. You might check Jacob Teitelbaum's website, and his list of docs.

I can't say enough about glutathione. Each of us is different, so there are no guarantees, but it has been a blessing to me. Oh! Insurance even pays for most of the cost of the iv's. I have gotten to the point where I am giving myself two a week at home, and just get the one with the magnesium from the doc office. That further reduces the cost. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Wellness Pharmacy (google it with glutathione for many glutathione research articles) sends me the glutathione and all of the equipment to do the iv's at home.

Blessings to you. Jen102
  3. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

hoping you see this. Jen
  4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I just ordered an oral undenatured whey product...but I will check out the websites you mentioned.
    I appreciated your prompt reply and your pointers.
    Thanks again
    Delia
  5. and was doing pretty decent, I reckon, ...for a while,

I have FMS, CFS, MS, and a ton of gastro, and other issues, oh, and arthritis, too.

One thing I'm completely baffled about, is, that at least around here in the house, (very small house! 754sq ft) (but, still, I'll take it!) is, that my right knee no longer buckles, causing me to fall constantly...

I can only figure that, the glutathione possibly healed either the neurological dysfunction, that was- the wrong signals being sent, or some 'misfiring' going on in my brain, that happens with MS, causing me to fall, since, we could find nothing significant, or *specific* on MRI that 'stood out' as a reason, for my falls,

*or*

there was possibly actual DAMAGE TO THE KNEE ITSELF from a baddd fall I had in 1999 while I was in boot camp, which, I believe that it may be a bit of both. I know the last time my knee was scanned at Ft Sam Houston, it was* pretty torn up. I think the Glutathione I.V.s *MAY* have (NO IDEA) I'll know if I start falling again maybe, but they *might* have, healed some of the tissue, maybe. it'd sure be nice. It's possible my brain lesions are gone, too, I won't know until my neuro here does another MRI. I haven't had one since Nov 2004.

But, I had to stop the I.V. treatments, when my Port-a-cath came out of my chest, due to my body just rejecting it, I quit eating. I was down to a few crackers, twice a week. and getting worse quick. and my incision could not heal for anything. I had it out 2 days before thanksgiving, and my scar just now healed over, about 2 wks ago, and it's horrible looking, much larger than it should be..

Now I'm supposed to go on the cream, I just wonder how that will work.

My insurance did not pay a dime for ANY OF IT, not a single syringe, alcohol pad, huber needles, NOTHING! the saline, I had to have heparin & extra saline as well to flush out my port-a-cath, .....nothin from insurance.

even before my port cath went in, I paid $415/month for the glutathione/saline, they only pay for my B12 shots I was on 2300ml 3x's a week, all I can say is before* the port cath, I was doing pretty darn good on it, but, I did start it at my best time of year also, but even still, I was moving better than I had in a long time.

Take care,

P.S. It was overnight fed-ex'd to my home, always, from alabama, I'm in Indiana,