Glutathione IV's

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MicheleK, Jul 21, 2012.

1. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Has anyone tried Glutathione IV's? If so, did they make much of a difference for you? I know Dr. Susan Levine offers them in her practice. I just don't know if they are worth the effort. I get saline IV's at home and was wondering if adding Glutathione would increase my energy level. Thanks for any responses.
  2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Michele.

Glutathione IVs give a boost to some PWMEs, but it usually doesn't last for more than a day or two. About 80% of glutathione that is put into the veins is absorbed by the kidneys, about 10% by the lungs, and the rest by other organs, tissues and cells, in a fairly short time. In order to get glutathione to stay up in the body as a whole, we have found that it is necessary to lift the partial methylation cycle block, which is upstream of glutathione synthesis in the sulfur metabolism.

Best regards,

3. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Thanks Rich for that information. I am doing good on the methylation protocol and getting ready to add the B-12 shots again. I get saline IV's for POTS and thought I might try adding some Glutathione to see if it would help. I think I'll just first try adding the B-12 injections and go from there. With M.E., it's all about building an energy base, 10% here, 10% there, until one can be somewhat active again. I'm always looking for another 10% that isn't expensive and within my reach. MicheleK