Glutathione's role in Hashimoto's thyroiditis...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ljimbo42, Mar 25, 2015.

1. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

Since so many people with cfs/fm have thyroid problems, I thought I would post this. I don't have clinical thyroiditis, but my free T4 and TSH levels were at the bottom of normal the last time I was tested, just barely in the reference range.

GSH= Glutathione, HT= Hashimoto's thyroiditis
    RadioFM likes this.
  2. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Hashimotos and the gluten connection

"Dr. Fine’s research, I was astounded by the implications. It suggests that 1 in 3 Americans are gluten intolerant, and that 8 in 10 are genetically predisposed to gluten intolerance. This is nothing short of a public health catastrophe in a nation where the #1 source of calories is refined flour. But while most are at least aware of the dangers of sugar, trans-fat and other unhealthy foods, fewer than 1 in 8 people with celiac disease are aware of their condition. I would guess that an even lower proportion of people are aware they are gluten intolerant.

"One reason gluten intolerance goes undetected in so many cases is that both doctors and patients mistakenly believe it only causes digestive problems. But gluten intolerance can also present with inflammation in the joints, skin, respiratory tract and brain – without any obvious gut symptoms."

See more here: