Glycemic Index?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Malen, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Malen

Malen New Member

Anyone here use the glycemic index to help control blood sugar rushes and crashes?

Under advice from my practioner, I'm considering using it as a guide (while not trying to be as strict as a diabetic would be with it).

Just curious if anyone else has tried it and what kind of results you had?
  2. Malen

Malen New Member

Thanks for the Chromium tip.

I usually do everything you mentioned anyway, but I was looking of GI values in food to avoid the high GI foods and opt for lower ones instead to keep from getting on a blood sugar roller-coaster.
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I have been following the G.I. Diet since March 1 and LOVE it. I am never ever hungry and am eating more nutritiously than I ever have. I have also dropped a noticeable amount of weight.

My blood sugar is almost down to normal and so are my cholesterol readings.

I do take chromium as well with breakfast and dinner. It is a good blood sugar regulator and is supposed to help with sugar cravings. I don't find that it does the latter though.

I cheat from time to time but will have no problem sticking to this diet (with occasional cheats) for the rest of my life.

I highly recommend this way of eating.

Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 07/18/2006]
  4. Malen

Malen New Member

Thanks so much for the feedback!

I wasn't sure if anyone had tried it, but it does make sense (at least to me) for CFS patients to give it a whirl as the blood sugar roller-coaster can aggrivate the fatigue.

And losing weight is always a bonus! ;-)