Glyconutrients: Do they work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AllWXRider, Mar 7, 2007.

1. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

A company in the UK claims that by providing our bodies with all 8 of these sugars that it cures diabetes, viruses and all sorts of disorders. The 8 sugars are collectively called Glyconutrients. You can Google Glyconutrients for the website.

It's interesting that D-Ribose is not among the sugar list.

Has anyone heard good or bad about them?

Do they work?

My mom believed "testimonials", I'd rather trust the CFS forum.

Thanks!

2. pocahontas606

pocahontas606 New Member

we could concote a juice recipe to make the 8 sugars? i am going to take your suggestion dncn and google these to see if i can't find the food sources. i have been googling food sources that can naturally raise my glutathione levels b/c i think my bonded cysteine/non-denatured whey is giving me some trouble. i have read the methyl thread and going to see if i can't get some combo going.

hope you guys are well.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I juice carrots celery and what ever veggie is in the fridge and I feel better. Maybe it is these unfamiliar sugars that are doing it.

I know that when I juice fruits that I feel worse, sugar surging I'm sure. That's why I wouldn't have suspected sugars.
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Aloe Vera juice or gel is a great source of Mannose. The carragenan is a thickener from seaweed. Seaweed is high in Fucose (not fructose) and so is Brewer's Yeast.

I found an Austrailian website that says you can make your own with Aloe Vera + Beer Yeast + Psyllium husks (Xylose) and they are right! Contains all 8 sugars.

Fucose fights off Herpes viruses and esp. attacks Cytomegalo virus. Too bad that modern beer strains off the brewer's yeast.

http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/glyconutrients-substitutes.html Nothing for sale at this website.
  5. Aelf

Aelf New Member

I've taken glyconutrients for 4-5 months at least, and it has not made a noticable difference for me.

6. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Taking these is probably healthy in the long run. But, you need to try and fix the wiring in your brain first.
  7. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Wolfmom: I'm curious about "wiring in the brain", do you mean neurotransmitter imbalance?
    I have toxic metals, that needs to be chelated out first. I am less depressed. My memory is much better, but mainly due to Lead toxicity. Lead affects memory.

Aelf: Which product did you try? I'm just curious?

I'm going to try the natural glyconutrients. Its all that I can afford. Since I'm also chelating out known toxic levels of metals, its not a true experiment, but I have to push all the buttons that I can.
  8. woofmom

woofmom New Member

In my opinion, the first thing you have to do is clean up your diet. Absolutely no artificial sweeteners or MSG in any form. Do some research on Russell Blaylock MD. He's a neurosurgeon who is an expert on things that affect our brain. His advice has helped me very, very much.
  9. Chootik

Chootik New Member

I tried looking up the Doc. you had mentioned, and I found a few articles, but I don't know which book of his talkes about all the Brain stuff that helped you so much.

If you get a moment, can you tell us specifically which book or article of his we should get for the Brain Info.

Thanks,

Chootik
  10. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Try reading: What to do if you have used aspartame. His recommendations not only apply to aspartame, but to other excitotoxins as well. Just keep on researching him. He has a wealth of info about brain poisons and what you can do to help and/or protect yourself.