Go see the movie "Bella"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mollystwin, Nov 15, 2007.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

This movie has a strong positive message. My son saw it and thought it was great. If you have a chance, go see it this weekend. It was difficult getting the movie in theatres because the prolife message is not popular in Hollywood. Here is an excerpt from an email I recieved about the movie:

URGENT!!---- Bella is the #1 Top Rated Movie in the US but If the movie "Bella" does not have high box office scores this weekend

Because of your help the distributor is doubling the number of theaters showing Bella
    We can do it again and make it to the #1 busiest box office weekend of the year....Thanksgiving weekend.

It is "do or die" for this film to succeed.

We need to mobilize everyone we know to watch this film Fri-Sunday (Nov 16-18). Why?

2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Thank you for telling me about this film, I didn't know about it. I am excited to see it. What a change of pace for the movies coming out these days. I read about it and I hope that people will go to the theaters to see it, to show that we need positive messages like this. Thanks again! Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2007]
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I see shows all the time and the reason I did not go see Bella is because it had review that made it sound like a bad movie.

PG-13 for thematic elements and brief disturbing images.

On other movies, I never see them say "disturbing images" so I was put off.

Maybe now I will go check it out.
  4. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Is is about FM?

5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

The movie is a love story about a girl who finds herself pregnant and the choices she has to deal with. It won the People’s Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival last year, on Oct. 26.

My son went but he won't give me many details because he does not want to spoil it for me. He did tell me that the disturbing images relate to an accident.

I hope to see it this weekend if I feel well enough. I hope you all have a chance to go as well!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/16/2007]
  6. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I heard good reviews from this movie too, and how it deals with the topics.
    Refreshing from all the hollywood agenda pushing stuff.
  7. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Good point...I hate sitting through a movie...unless it's at home in my massage chair!

8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Go see it this weekend!! Or at least tell people to see it this weekend. It's important that people see it this weekend in order to keep it in theatres for the Thanksgiving weekend.

Tell you inlaws to go. They would love this movie!!!

Tell Rachel and her friends to go!!