Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rafiki, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Hi Georgia,

You are probably already aware of this information but, just in case, I thought I should let you know that both stroke and TIA often leads to depression. I don't know if post-TIA depression is treated any differently but I thought I'd give you a heads-up just in case.

Here's a little info:

It seems to have something to do with reduced blood flow which may already be an issue for those of us with ME/FM.

I was having computer problems when you had your episode and was able to read but not post. I actually grabbed my screen and practically shouted: Georgia, that was a little stroke!

I'm so glad to see that you are on the mend.

Peace to you,
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I recognized your TIA right away but could not post. (My dad had them.) I guess you couldn't hear me yelling into my computer :eek:)

I will hold a good thought for you regarding your GP developing all appropriate concern - which she/he may already be showing.

I hope you feel better ASAP!

3. victoria

victoria New Member

Didn't read about you until now... hope you are the mend and you have a good doctor (...so you can make it to Mexico eventually?) one way or another in any case...

all the best,

4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Adding to Rafiki's concern about your Dr's unconcern. That they will pay attention!

Have been praying for you in all you've been going through. I'm so sorry - and understand the weariness, depression, and life-battles.

So glad you've been getting good help.

Love, Judy
  5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm very relieved to hear this news. He(she?) had a pretty cavalier attitude about the TIA. When it comes to things like this, better safe...

My father had a number of small TIAs, over a period of months, none of which were catastrophic in any way, but he was very thoroughly checked out in hospital. Sometimes women do not get adequate care in situations like this as I'm sure you know. And, of course, those of us with mysterious ailments... well, heavy sigh!

You have a very good brain. We just want to keep it that way!

Keep us posted, please.

Best to dear Rottie!