God bless my Mo in Law, bought me membership to Curves

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Nov 8, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I just went today for the first time, it was wonderful, I have 89 lbs to lose, they have a very good program, non impact, no mirrors, I truly have hope that I will get healthier if I just make myself do this. I have not done anything active since I got this DD, May 18, I have been crying for 2 days, sometimes I feel no hope.

I worry so much about money as my income was important to us and my hubby, bless his heart, is just the best hubby on earth but does not make much, we are just barely getting by, just the basics is what I worry about. Not anything extra, just the co-pays for meds, shoes for Cody, groceries, insurances, atc.

Sometimes I feel no hope for a reprieve and I know that makes me worse but I don't know how to turn it off.

Hopefully the curves membership will help.

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I just went today for the first time, it was wonderful, I have 89 lbs to lose, they have a very good program, non impact, no mirrors, I truly have hope that I will get healthier if I just make myself do this. I have not done anything active since I got this DD, May 18, I have been crying for 2 days, sometimes I feel no hope.

I worry so much about money as my income was important to us and my hubby, bless his heart, is just the best hubby on earth but does not make much, we are just barely getting by, just the basics is what I worry about. Not anything extra, just the co-pays for meds, shoes for Cody, groceries, insurances, atc.

Sometimes I feel no hope for a reprieve and I know that makes me worse but I don't know how to turn it off.

Hopefully the curves membership will help.

Jaci
  3. LadyDragon

LadyDragon New Member

I reluctantly went to the gym about 6 months ago.... kicking and screaming every step of the way. It turns out that it was one of the best things I could do for me. Take it easy, start out slow, and make sure you have a certified personal trainer on site that does not push too hard. I , too, have been in the "no hope" boat.... still go there sometimes, but working out and doing something good for your body sometimes makes all the difference in the world. Hope you enjoy the experience, as I do, and keep it up... Your body will thank you for it. And, by the way, it does help the pain.
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Take your time and don't push too hard. The wonderful benefits of excercise, involve good feeling chemicals that actually chase away depression, and increase metabolism. Each time you go, remind yourself that this is something positive, and beneficial you are doing for yourself and your family. A new excercise regime sometimes needs to be forced in the beginning, but quite often that changes, and you will look forward to your workouts. Best wishes on what sounds like a great endeavor.
    Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2002]
  5. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

I used to go to a place called "Womens' Workout World".
    I used to really push myself and at fist I felt great but then I strained something in my back (which still bothers me today when I exert myself).
    So please be careful and take your time and just do what you can. Just doing Mild stretching can feel good...

LOVE,
    HOUSEOFBLUES
  6. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I started trying the rheumie's suggestion, then I could tell him I did , you know ( the game ) but things got easier and then I went to voc rehab and they really encourage healthy stuff and made us exercise... everyday like in a real gym! well.... low and behold , after the inital soreness, I started feeeling better and better and better and I've been doing it now for about 5 months ! I just joined the Y this week and the trainor was impressed after hearing my stories of the past year and a half! She thinks I am doing great... all I can tell you is YES START SLOW! if its 3 or 4 times and it hurts STOP! the next day you can do 5 or 6.... It gets better if** you are at the point you can do this... I have found that I have a cyclical illness... I was pretty much ok for about 10 yrs with minor wierd problems but nothing to hender holding a job etc... then BOOM>>> ruptured the muscle and it went downhill from there... but I'm on the way back up now and the exercise has REALLY helped!!!! I always gain weight when I have one of these major flares... << the kind that lasts a yr or so LOL >> and the gym has improved that dramtically so there are multiple benefits... however* warning~ if you start going and then DON"T go.... I've found that makes me hurt REAL BAD*..... so just know that part too!!!! its always something right? Good luck!
  7. beans

beans New Member

Were are you in NC I am new Beans