God bless you all....and prayer request please.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Luann53051, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Luann53051

Luann53051 New Member

Hello all.

First of all, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who have prayed for my husband. You all have no idea how much comfort this board brings to me and my family.

My husband did end up taking the new job, and it is a good thing he did. His current employer told him, after he gave his notice, that there was a possibility that things with the current company was going poorly, so MORE lay offs are in the future. Yikes! Could it be that the Lord opened this new door for my husband at just the right time? His current employer also told him that, at any time, he has a place with the company. So, the whole transition was positive. Prayers answered!

Also, please pray for me, as I am about to enter into a possible from home career for myself. Please pray that He gives me direction, and guides me to exactly what He wants me to do. I feel like God is leading me in this direction--keep getting those nudges :) But, I am afraid that I cannot do it. I have two small children at home now, so my start up would be strictly VERY part time. (couple of hours a week--whenever I wanted to.) But, as my children get older, I can put more time in, and build my business then. This may be just the thing for me--where I can still be available to my children after school, for activities, etc. and have a career, once they are in school. Plus, it would give me the flexibility I need, as I struggle with FMS.

Thank you, once again. And God Bless.

Luann
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Luann,

I'll be here praying for you and may God give you many
    blessings.

Danny
  3. Luann53051

Luann53051 New Member

The Lord certainly works in very mysterious ways!! I do feel so blessed by that situation. I was just so afraid, because we have just gone through a lay off, a move across country, etc. Sometimes, it helps just to say "God, I am so afraid." And, encouraging words from wonderful people like you help too.

God Bless.

Luann
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

So glad things worked out for your husband. I will be praying for you as you start your home business. It sounds like a fun opportunity for you. I hope it works out.

God bless,
    Sandyz
    [This Message was Edited on 10/30/2003]
  5. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

I know that our situations are completely different, but in so many ways they are similar. My husband was also told, after turning in his notice that there was a possibility of him being laid off this winter and I just felt that the Lord knew what was coming and He stepped in and took control of this situation. He blessed my hubby and our family well with this new job. My hubby loves this job and of course, it has its problems too, but I just know that because the Lord gave His blessings, that the good will overcome the bad! Rick (my hubby) was also told that if things did not work out with the new job, that he could always come back. Even though Rick says he will not go back to the old job, it helps knowing the option is still open.
    I too believe without a doubt, just like with our situation, the Lord knew what was about to happen with your hubby and He took complete control! I give all the thanks to Him for working in our lives!

I will also pray for you about your home business. The Lord will lead you right in your direction.
    Lisa

[This Message was Edited on 10/30/2003]