God just kicked me in the seat of my pants

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Asatrump, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

God takes some people by the hand and leads them and gently moves them. Me....... He always kicks my pants back into a reality check.

Yes, I have been having depression, and flares. My flares all seem self induced when my emotions get out of control. I hestitate to think what I would be like if not already on an anti depressant.

The kick........ God wants me to re evaluate.

My son is a health care professional and lost his co- worker and friend Tony two nights ago. Tony, 37, single, working on his PhD and working in my son's office as the physicicist. At Christmas Tony's biggest problem was if he should continue working while studying for the advanced degree.

A simple cough. A chest x ray. So loaded with a very, very aggressive form of cancer, it was surrounding every major organ. From a working man with a good career, to signing his own DNR before they put him on a vent as he couldn't breathe. My son saw him on Sat. and he had only enough breath for two word replies. 48 hours later after the breathing machine took over, his body relaxed and he slipped away.

I am reminded my opinion that no parent should ever have to bury a child, no matter the age. Thus my tears have focused on this mother and family, and away from myself. God has reminded me to prioritize my life and my problems.

I need to go and play "He Leadeth Me" possibly changing the words a bit.

That is what I shall do right now. Play hymns that I find comfort in.

Bless all of you who read this and can identify.
  2. kgangel

kgangel New Member

God Bless you Asa and thank you for posting this

I will pray that God will continue to be with you

hugs

kgangel
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

One of my favorite hymns is "Blessed Assurance"- it always reminds me that God never leaves us.
  4. 143alan

143alan New Member

Asa my prayers are with this young man's family as they deal with this tragic loss. Thank you for telling us about what happened.

I also pray for you as you deal with all you have on your plate.

Nancy
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

so sorry to hear about the lose of this young man, I pray for his family and friends to recieve peace while going through this very diffcult time.
    my favorite hymn is He touched me.
    I hope you find peace in your music. its such a blessing that God has given us.
    I"ll pray for you that joy will return to your heart.
    I"ve suffered from depression so many times in my life.But God has always been there and I get my joy back after the storm passes. hugs sixtyslady
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

It does take something like this to help us put our own issues in focus, doesn't it? I am so sorry that this young man was taken so early by such an aggressive cancer. My DH and I have done a lot of re-evaluating lately after watching his own siblings die at relatively young ages. It does help put things in perspective.

No parent should ever have to bury a child. I cannot imagine the pain.

Wishing you the best, Asa. I hope that losing yourself in your hymns gives you comfort. Depression and emotions going haywire are our enemies. If a kick in the pants works, I guess that's what God will do for you.

Love, Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2007]