God's direction for a new church

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by LindaW, Apr 14, 2003.

1. LindaW

LindaW New Member

My husband and I need your prayers for God's direction in finding a new church-We know that no churchis perfect but the experiences we have had have been painful and yet we both know that God does want us in fellowship and not to be alone. I thank you in advance for your prayers- this has reaaly been a difficult time for us. I think the enemy just wants to devour us
    Lw
  2. stilhere

stilhere New Member

Hi Linda, I'm Jessica,
    I'm sorry that you and your husband are having these feelings at church, I and my children have been there... it was real hard, and heartbreaking....it took me 2 years to find a church suitable for myself and three teenage boys and one 3 year old girl, I wanted to find a place that would meet all our needs and where God was working... but your right, when your gone you miss the fellowship.... I pray that God directs you to a church and that your comfortable, I pray that you find the right fellowship and that you find the Lord working there...I pray for comfort and strength for you and your husband...
  3. icare2

icare2 New Member

We know satan (tries to devour) You speak of hurtful experiences. It seems to happen every time we find a new church or think too highly of a pastor.In my case! I also believe the Lord places us where we and those we worship with, can grow . I have come to believe that if all goes well, we don't grow. Scripture says we will have the tares among us. Some of those may be those who "think" they are the holiest. The Lord brings to rememberance, FORGIVE THEM LORD,FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO. this helps me to overcome the (junk) that so easily beset us,it will never go away, until we are in heaven.If it be the Lord,s will ,you will find that church.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2003]