goin' back to work....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Jan 5, 2003.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

Hi,
    I am returning back to work on the 27th, I am excited and nervous too. I will be returning part-time to see how I manage ( while maintaining my full time position ) This was my first , " Fibro Crash ". I was diagnosed in Nov. I know it won't be my last but I am hopeful I can return to my job full time again some day. ( I'm really not sure if I am kidding myself or not ). I guess i'm just plain scared... and hoping I am not foolish, but I am going to try to resume my, "former life". perhaps this is a step each one of you already took, is it? Is this part of the acceptance process??? What do you think ?
    Sign Me,
    afraid of falling on face!!
  2. darlamk

darlamk New Member

Best wishes to you as you return to work. I read your bio & see that you are a fellow member of the health profession. I hope you can start out working half shifts or having days off in between your shifts. I'm sure it will feel good to get back into your lab & see friends & co workers. I bet they will be glad to see you back too. Be sure to get your rest after work & take care of you! I have been off for about 1 1/2 years (as a nurse) and I still dream about taking care of patients. I hope things go well for you.
    Sincerely,
    Darla
  3. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

I went back and have been back full time for a year and a half. Went for more than a year not missing a day. I been in a flare for about 4 months now but not as bad as the first time. I'm proof it can happen. Good luck. NitaLynn