going back into surgery on friday-the saga continues

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Sep 30, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

yes just another adventure in the life of being a griswold. Went to the doc today, still have low grade temp and he is worried this unidentified string may be the culprit sooooooooooooo, I go back under anesthesia on friday so they can look around and make sure we got it all out and he still has no earthly idea what it is!

Looked like a fibro-optic wire, very thin made of plastic like material-who the heck knows??? AlI know is I am talking to billing because I will not pay one dime of copays etc for this __I did not put it there. and i informed him he will be closing and not walking away and allowing anyone else to close me up after procedure.

I m in for 2 week delay for physical therapy-guess the big guy upstairs really wants me to take a rest, huh? LOL

MY spirits are okay-I am laughing at it more than anything because it is all part of being a griswold-if it CAN happen it DOES to us griswald's just part of bearing the name and title. Such an honor!

Take care all and I will keep you apprised of the situation-no word from LTD yet-keeping my fingers crossed. A few good thoughts and prayers in that area ($$$$$$$) would help and good recovery for me. TY

cathy
  2. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

yes just another adventure in the life of being a griswold. Went to the doc today, still have low grade temp and he is worried this unidentified string may be the culprit sooooooooooooo, I go back under anesthesia on friday so they can look around and make sure we got it all out and he still has no earthly idea what it is!

Looked like a fibro-optic wire, very thin made of plastic like material-who the heck knows??? AlI know is I am talking to billing because I will not pay one dime of copays etc for this __I did not put it there. and i informed him he will be closing and not walking away and allowing anyone else to close me up after procedure.

I m in for 2 week delay for physical therapy-guess the big guy upstairs really wants me to take a rest, huh? LOL

MY spirits are okay-I am laughing at it more than anything because it is all part of being a griswold-if it CAN happen it DOES to us griswald's just part of bearing the name and title. Such an honor!

Take care all and I will keep you apprised of the situation-no word from LTD yet-keeping my fingers crossed. A few good thoughts and prayers in that area ($$$$$$$) would help and good recovery for me. TY

cathy
  3. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

Hi Cathy,

So, I guess the joke about the doc left a sponge in isn't so far off the mark, huh!? Do you get to recoup anything for your pain and suffering? Unbelievable! This really is horrendous!

Good for you, with your cheery attitude, though! I don't know about being a Griswold, but, seems it is the best attitude to survive this DD we are 'blessed' with.

Best of luck, and hugs to you (with no 'strings' attached, ;p)

Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Not only would I not pay anything, I would suggest to a lawyer that perhaps the hospital owes you something for your suffering, especially with the FMS. Surgery for us is much harder.

You are in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  5. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

Cathy: what a nightmare! So sorry you have had to endure this bizarre mistake. Hope all goes real well and your docs do the job they are paid to do(plus keep the BMWs humming along the highway to their mountain resort). God bless, Al