Going Back to my PCP tomorrow, last 2 weeks were very bad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Mar 23, 2011.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

So the last 2 weeks have been horrible for me so tomorrow I go back to my PCP for some help. Last week my only good days were Wednesday and Friday. Saturday was AWFUL - soooo tired all day, felt like it was basically wasted. I keep putting it off thinking it will get better, but it's not.

I wrote a letter yesterday that I faxed to his office today, along with some of my research. I am asking him to let me try Adderall for the fatigue and brain fog and to up my hydrocodone from 5mg to 7.5. The last 2 weeks, I have had to take one and a half along with 4 advil to get adequate relief. I get 30 pills a month. I have an office job and work 32 hours a week. If I don't take enough, my legs and hips and back hurt so bad I can barely sit in my chair.

Also the brain fog has been worse. So wish me luck. I am hoping that he will have read my letter and other docs and be agreeable. I am also going to ask him to up my amitriptiline from 75 to 100 mgs.
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Doc read all I sent and listened to all I had to say. It is what I like most aboout him, that I feel like he respects my opinion. He upped my hydrocodone, no questions asked, but held back on the adderall. It is amphetimine and a schedule 2 drug which requires a new written prescription each month. He is going to research it some and perhaps try something else first, such as Ritilin.

I took my daughter to JMU yesterday for the tour. It's an hour and a half drive from my house and the walking tour was about an hour and a half. Today I was crashed. I should not be knocked out by driving 3 hours and walking for 1 1/2 hrs, but I was. I have to do something that is for sure.
  3. PainSux

PainSux New Member

I crash from grocery shopping, when I can do it. Literally wipes me out for a day or two. I've been disabled for five years after working a very stressful profession for thirty years, all of them w/fibro. I was only good for working. Couldn't do another thing.