Going back to school

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Mar 7, 2003.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I haven't worked in over a year now. I'm getting tired of being tired. I'm getting sick of just sitting at home doing nothing. This isn't helping my depression. I decided to go back to school. I'm a little nervous but yet extremely excited. I'm worried about the extreme fatigue I have. I am determined though to do something positive for myself. I know that I'm not capable of doing what I did before (cleaning houses). I'm getting ready to take some cna classes through our hospital with the potential of after finishing classes being able to obtain a job at the hospital. (yeah!!!!!!!) After the cna classes I am going to take some other classes for phlebotomy. This is something I have always wanted to do. I have not really ever had the time for myself to do this but now I have nothing but time on my hands.
    Please remember me in your prayers that God will give me the strength to carry myself to school. That I will not suffer with the extreme fatigue during this time.
    Soft hugs to all
    Crissie
  2. phenom

phenom New Member

good on you for going back! i'd love to do the same thing - phlebotomy i mean - i find it fascinating! when i was studying i contacted the disbility officer on campus and told her all about my symptoms (Didn't have a name for it them) and she helped me out - it meant i could get an extension no questions asked - so i didn't feel so pressured. at one time i got one assignment due date extended for 4 months! it took me that long to do it because i was sleeping most of the day. good luck with it, i'm sure you will do well.

phenom
  3. marilew

marilew New Member

Hi Crissie,
    I want to go back to school too, but I am terrified. I also want to do something in the healthcare field. What is phlebotomy?
    I have been off work for 2 1/2 years, and my employer finally managed to get me to resign...long story, but he lied his face off, so now I am faced with looking for employment. I held the same job for 28 years, so it's more than just a little bit intimidating.
    Please let me know how you make out, & I will do the same if you like. It's kind of nice to have someone to compare notes with.
    I sure will remember you in my prayers, and ask the same of you :eek:)
    Mare
    [This Message was Edited on 03/08/2003]