Going back to work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ALEESLP, Jun 11, 2008.

ALEESLP New Member

I have been out of work for 12 weeks and I am going back on Monday. I have been on Valcyte treatment for 11 weeks now and do notice less brain fog but I still sleep during the day and have difficulty sleeping at nights. I know that next week is going to be very difficult but I am looking forward to seeing all my friends and patients. I am having a lot of gastro problems with some headaches and I am praying that I am able to tolerate working with my patients and writing my reports. I would appreciate any prayers or kind thoughts for me next week.

2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Sending you positive energy and prayers!!
    I'm sure it will be an adjustment - it would be for anyone returning to work after 12 weeks, let alone one of "us".
    Try to remember to pace yourself. Get as much rest as you can. Be gentle and easy on yourself as well. Pamper yourself when you can.
    I'm glad that you have your friends and patients to look forward to seeing. That does help.
    One of the reasons I like going to work is to see the people. I actually feel better sometimes at work - maybe it takes my mind off things, gives me something else to focus on for a little while.
    Take your time in adjusting. As I said, be gentle and take care!

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Want to wish you the very best. Let us know how it goes.

Love, Mikie
  4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hello. i am so happy to hear about the less brain fog...that means you are on the right track in terms of treatment, according to the doctors i have spoken to.

do you absolutely HAVE to work? i think 1 year off work is preferable for CFS recovery...if not more....

best of luck though!

ALEESLP New Member

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. Unfortunately, I do have to go back to work. I am single with a mortgage and that makes things very difficult. I am still having difficulty with receiving my past short term disabilty insurance payments. [I don't think they like my diagnosis] thank you for all your advice. The only restrictions my CFS doctor placed on my return to work are frequent rest breaks. I am going to do my best at pacing myself but in the hospital setting it is very difficult. I am so grateful that I have found a group of people who understand and allow others to rant,rave and cheer.