Going Crazy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmcdelaney, Feb 25, 2007.

1. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

I have a new theory, and this may sound REALLY crazy, but I am going to put it out there and see what you all think.
    I know it may sound a bit crazy, but please read it to the end before you discard it. Thanks.

(Part of this post is a duplicate from an answer I posted to an earlier question; after typing it, I wanted to be sure everybody saw it so as to get their thoughts so I made it it's own post; hope that's ok)

Up until 2005 I was very active. In 2005 my girlfriend's (really nice) husband decided to send 13 of us women (girls only!!!) on a cruise to celebrate her 40th. I have never been in better shape in my life. Going to the gym 6 days a week, jogging for 30-45 minutes followed by some weight training; and doning LOTS of yard work. Great cruise, and a great summer when I got home including camping and kyaking. BUT...I stopped working out. Not for any particular reason except that with the yard work and stuff I felt like I was getting enough exercise. That fall I found a new passion, beading. This also kept me from the gym...it was like an addiction...I would make jewelery ALL day, and late into the night, barely sleeping because of the excitement, and when I closed my eyes I would see more ideas. I did this for 3-4 months, then...

SLAM. Was it the not working out? Was my body used to exercising and the sudden stop did this to me?

I don't know. I am actually reading a book that an aquaintence gave to my husband called "Celestine Prophacy". Long story short, it sort of ties into what the "Secret" talks about (how we are made up of energy). This book takes it a step further and mentioned how we "vibrate" at a certain level. (Now the book is referring to the mind when it says this, but I can't help but wonder) As we grow (the mind) we vibrate at higher levels, and to suddenly stop can make you very ill.

So I started thinking about how I actually feel my muscles "vibrating"...at times when I am laying in bed it feels like I am in a cheap hotel and put a quarter in the bed! I just wonder if my muscles are "vibrating" because they are used to vibrating at a certain level through exercise and if by stopping exercise I could have caused all this?

So, I guess the question is, did any of you have a similar pattern of slowing WAY down prior to your first SLAM?

Thanks, and I hope I didn't sound TOO off the wall.
    Joann
  2. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

that maybe the point where you stopped exercising (because you felt the gardening etc. was enough of a workout) was the actual point where you started to be ill?

Maybe not bad enough at that point to consciously register it, but enough for your body and unconscious mind to say "something's not right, I need to ease off for a while"?

Just my opinion, but I'm thinking the stopping exercising was an Effect rather than a Cause.

I believe it was in my case. I was walking 5 miles at least 4 days a week, and suddenly one day I got to the end of the block and said "I can't do this." And I had no idea why -- I didn't actually feel sick or anything, only that it was "too much". I turned around and went home, and just couldn't do the walking anymore. And then I noticed the other symptoms about 6 months later.

Best wishes,
    Janelle

[This Message was Edited on 02/26/2007]
  3. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Actually, my sister swears that over-exercizing brought on my FM, but I don't agree with her. I think is was menopause.

Interesting theory, though.
    Mini
  4. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

2 comments.

#1...i TOTALLY get the vibrating feeling. Ever since i became ill 2 yrs ago i get this internal really fine vibration feeling. Sometimes in my whole body...but its been localized at times to even just my lips. Its weird. I dont know why i get it.

#2....I dont think your idea is crazy at all. I actually have been planning to watch the secret. Now...this may sound a lil weird to you but dont stress over it...just something to think about. You mentioned camping on your list prior to getting FM. Do you remember any tic bite during that camping trip? (Bite, rash, change after that).
    Just mentioning the lyme theory.

I am one of those people who has CFS but also a Igenex positive lyme test. I am also one of the rare people who doesnt believe in my test whole heartedly. Im looking into it, persuing it...but am not super confident in relying on it as my diagnosis. Just food for thought.

Take care!
    M
  5. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Have been tested 3 times for lyme, but not with the western blot.

I have asked my doc about the western blot, and even though he is up to date on most topics, keeps putting down the idea that after 3 negative lyme tests that anything would show in the western blot.

I guess I should just insist, not sure why I haven't, but probalby just b/c I am tired of fighting docs in general.

Thank you...and thank you for not thinking I'm crazy.

Joann