Going for a free Fm eval. in Allentown Pa., lol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Line, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Line

Line New Member

This Dr. claims he can help Fm patients, you get a free evaluation and a EMG, suppose to be computerized, no needles or shocks, pain free. Anyone ever hear of this new EMG? Oh plus you have your choice of a free gift.

MY Fm friend made a appointment for us both the Dr. will tell after the eval if he can help you. Wonder how many people walk out of there without being told he can help.

He is on Cedar Crest Boulevard in Allentown, Pa. anyone know anything about this. I will go for the free eval But I go on medicare in Sept (the big 65) and do not know if medicare will cover it, right now my ins. would.

Hugs, Linda

[This Message was Edited on 07/17/2006]
  2. Santafemimi

Santafemimi New Member

Linda,

This sounds like a little funny yo me, but I am interested to hear what you find out. I am only a hour from Allentown, in the Scranton area. I wonder if he can really help, or if this is just someone who has found a way to suck money out of FM patients and ins companies???

Good luck and let me know.

Maryanne
  3. Line

Line New Member

I spoke with his nurse or receptionist and she said you are under no obligation to see this Dr. But he has helped many people.

You can call, his name is Dr. Benedetto. phone # is-510-974-9911. He is on Union Boulevard. I thought it was Cedar Crest.

I go Thurs. night I will post so watch for the post. Really the reason I am going is because I had a cervical MRI and they are saying I have nerve problems in my neck, My Dr. wanted me to go for a EMG but I declined because they hurt. The one he does is suppose to be non invasive and no pain.If it hurts I am out of there.

Linda

4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

line:

It is worth the lecture, but I would not plunk down any money for a visit unless you were truly convinced.

Buyer Beware!

nyrofan
  5. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I actually live in Whitehall, right by the Allentown border. I have not heard of this doctor, however, I'm a little skeptical about it. I mean, what's so special about this guy that he can help all these FM patients.

Just be careful and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably IS to good to be true.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  6. tonakay

tonakay New Member

We have a doctor here that runs a little ad every now and then for a special FM evaluation. I looked up his name in the phone book and he's a chiropracter and runs a clinic. Maybe you can look up this doctors name??? Just a thought.

Good luck,
    Tona
  7. Line

Line New Member

but I am really just going for the emg,of course he does not know that. Been through so much therapy and chiro's over the last 20 years and got no relief in fact most of the time flared more. This Dr. is too far away for me to go to on a regular bases.

I am getting a lot of tingling n my neck and shoulder and from my mri looks like nerve problems, the emg should tell that. my Dr. also thinks it making my trigger points in my chest flare.

Will post after the visit. I did not know they had a computerized emg, no shocks or needles.

Linda
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Is that like the Doctor who gave free breast exams only to find out he wasnt a doctor?
  9. Santafemimi

Santafemimi New Member

Linda,

So did you go for the free evaluation? Waht was the outcome of the appointment in Allentown. I have not seen any post on this.

Hope all is well.

Maryanne
  10. Line

Line New Member

Never got to go for the free evalon Thurs. my fm-friend got sick ad she cancelled. But have found out you go back for a 2nd visit that you pay for and themn recieve his plan to help you and the results off the EMG. I knew there would be some catch, nothing is for free. That is the only reason I was going is for the EMG study.

Hufgs, Linda